Quality Engineer - Strategic Accounts
The Quality engineer - Strategic Accounts is a dynamic, technical engineer with a passion for improving the customer experience within the Optimas Americas business segments.
The Quality Engineer works directly with business segment leadership and other internal resources (manufacturing, suppliers, supply chain/operations, program management, sales, engineering, operations, data governance. etc) in a customer-facing role to deliver superior quality performance.
The position will focus on activities that promote overall customer satisfaction, business segment growth, strengthened customer relationships through resolution of customer issues, process improvements, and compliance activities to relevant standards.
The ideal candidate has a history of success interacting with customers in a quality capacity, knowledge of quality systems and automotive requirements, and driving cross functional initiatives to support quality performance goals.
If you are a dedicated professional and fearless learner who thrives in a dynamic and challenging environment, this is the place for you!
The Quality Engineer will be performing the following responsibilities and duties:
- Lead the process of providing timely responses to assigned customers on quality matters (8Ds, COPQ, corrective and preventive issues, part approvals, audit, customer visit support) using Optimas processes and problem solving tools.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing a variety of requests to improve performance, and exploring opportunities to add value.
- Understand and follow customer specific quality systems and procedures.
- Understand and comply with QMS policies and procedures
- Support consistent implementation, auditing, compliance and evaluation of company operating processes, procedures, forms, manuals, and tools.
- Exhibit proficient interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and internal cross functional teams regarding technical and business matters at a level appropriate for the audience.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent experience. Mechanical Engineering a plus.
- Blueprint reading. GD&T is a plus.
- 1-3 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment .
- Significant experience with continuous improvement processes (5 why, Root Cause Analysis, CAPA).
- Working knowledge of Core Tools (APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA & PPAP, CAPA).
- Knowledge of Six Sigma methodology and related tools; Green or Black Belt is a plus.
- Internal auditing or process auditing experience preferred (TS 16949, VDA 6.3, ISO 9001).
- Process and industry knowledge.
- Automotive experience preferred.
- Fastener experience highly desirable, but not required.
- Business software proficiency including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Minitab, ERP.
- Effective project management skills.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.