NDB team operates like a start-up within Nutanix and works on a product targeting multi-billion dollar database market. We are quite successful as an on-premise offering and see enormous amount of interest from customers in the product. We are now embarking on journey of multi/hybrid cloud managed service and want people with relevant skills and experience to be part of this exciting opportunity.
You will be part of NDB Platform team and will lead your team to design and deliver highly scalable control plane for managed database service.You will play an active role in defining product strategy, driving architectural decisions, and managing your project goals. You will be collaborating with engineering teams across the company in areas such as compute and storage orchestration, telemetry, security, user experience and user interface design, application orchestration, and infrastructure engineering. As a manager, you are expected to guide your team in developing scalable solutions that are delivered in a timely fashion
- Manage complex technical plane projects and teams in the areas of control and management planes, Schedulers, LCM, Networking, APIs, metadata management, high availability etc.
- Live the Agile principles and create a high performing team through them.
- Hire, mentor, and grow passionate individuals who work well in strong teams.
- Strong leader capable of motivating the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect.
- That rare mix of intelligence, initiative, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of astute teams and individuals across the company.
- Mentoring junior engineers and setting technical priorities.
What you'll bring:
- BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10-12 years of total work experience preferable with 1-2 years of experience working as Engineering Manager leading team of at-least 5 engineers. Folks working as Senior Engineers but wanting to transition to Manager role will also be considered
- Proven technical leadership in large-scale software deployment/platform/control plane
- Experience in technologies like Java,Python,RESTful APIs
- Experience developing and running control plane on public cloud
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with databases is added advantage
- Familiarity with cloud technologies is added advantage
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.