Senior Consultant, Professional Services (M/F/D)
Senior Consultant, Professional Services (M/F/D)
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with heart!
This role is hybrid - working from both home and office.
The Nutanix Professional Services team delivers a strong influence on the success of each Nutanix implementation by its customers. The Services function ensures success by engaging with customers in the pre-sales and post-sales stages by assisting in their software-defined data center (SDDC) strategy and architecture. Besides helping customers implement Nutanix products successfully, the Professional Services team, working with our partners, ensures customer success in fully implementing their virtualized and software-defined data centers. The Nutanix Professional Services Consulting function includes assessment, design, implementation, integration, and automation services as well as project management.
Sounds like you? Read on.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Consultant to join our Professional Services team in Germany. The Consultant will work in the Services organization to help clients establish architectural vision and direction. He or she will help clients design, deploy, and migrate complex applications as well as work with software developers, consultants, and engineers to create scalable and repeatable solutions for partners.
You are a virtualization technology specialist, passionate about cloud automation. You have competencies in infrastructure and network virtualization, a good understanding of business-critical and cloud-native applications, and data center operations.
- You will be responsible for leading workshops and consulting engagements with customers
- You will conduct pre-packaged Nutanix consulting solutions in a timely and effective manner
- You will take ownership of business outcomes of virtualization & automation projects through requirements capture and technical governance
- You will craft detailed design documents and perform hands-on implementation work
- You will provide technical input and review our projects in a pre-sales stage
- You will advise and consult internal groups by providing accurate effort estimations
- You can display commercial awareness by identifying future services opportunity within a project or customer
- You actively drive practice activities such as the development of standard methodologies, intellectual property capture and creation, quality assurance, and peer reviews
- You maintain current knowledge of the entire Nutanix product stack.
What you’ll bring
- Experience to design up to medium complexity solutions with dual site architecture.
- Sound understanding of Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) concepts and implementations.
- Validated working and hands-on experience with Nutanix AHV or other Industry-leading virtualization products (e.g. vSphere, ESXi, vCenter, NSX, vSAN, SRM) within large-scale IT production data centers.
- Capable of assisting and augmenting Architects on larger engagements.
- Contribute to Practice Development activities.
- At least 3 years of experience in designing and implementing data center infrastructure virtualization projects in regards to compute, network, and storage.
- A Nutanix NCP/NCS or VMware VCAP would be a huge plus.
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Python, PowerShell, or Bash is essential for writing automation scripts and orchestrating tasks.
- Knowledge of Automation Tools and Frameworks: Examples include Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or Terraform.
- Good background in Windows and Linux systems administration
- Fluent German speaking skills.
About our business
- Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
Meet the Hiring Manager (Dwayne Holmes: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dwayneholmes/ )
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.