Senior Manager, Data Engineering
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with a Heart.
- Provide leadership and management to a team of data engineers. You’ll split your time between unblocking your team, vetting their designs, and coaching them to realize their full potential, while also building things yourself.
- Proactively drive the vision for data engineering across the Team, and define and execute a plan to achieve that vision.
- Manages the daily activities of the team responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of data warehouse systems and related data marts.
- Be part of a Great team, but capable of operating independently managing relationships, deliverables, and expectations with your business users.
- Oversees data design and the creation of database architecture and data repositories.
- Help resolve production data issues, other data warehouse issues impacting users, and assist the team in resolving technical challenges.
- Share and incorporate best practices using new and upcoming tools in data management & analytics space like Hadoop, and Tableau.
- Demonstrate Technical leadership in Data Space.
- Strong communication skills: verbal, visual, and written.
What you'll bring:
- Advanced degree in a relevant subject (computer science, data science, statistics).
- 8+ years of experience in Data Engineering related to Data platforms and technologies.
- 4 years of expertise in designing, and implementing large-scale data pipelines for data curation, feature engineering, and machine learning, using Spark in combination with park, Java, Scala, or Python; either on-premise or Cloud (AWS, Google, or Azure).
- 3 years designing and building streaming data ingestion, analysis, and processing pipelines using Kafka, Kafka Streams, Spark Streaming, and similar cloud-native technologies.
- 2 years of building Business Data Catalogs or Data Marketplaces for powering business analytics using technologies such as Alation, Collibra, Informatica, or custom solutions.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.