Global NDB Sales Engineer Lead
Global NDB Sales Engineer Lead
Location: Global/ World Wide - Remote
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with heart!
Nutanix is a leading cloud software company disrupting the datacenter space. The Global NDB Sales Engineer Lead will play a critical role in realizing Nutanix’s hybrid multi-cloud vision. The Portfolio Products organization is chartered with exposing core platform value to new personas outside our traditional infrastructure champions. We are seeking a senior leader to align and enable a global team of regionally based specialists and solutions architects focused on our public and on premise offering, NDB. In this exciting role, you will be chartered with activating a go-to-market team to expose, target, engage, position, sell & deliver the Nutanix platform in the public cloud.
The Global NDB Sales Engineer Lead is a passionate strategic thinker with deep technical vision, organizational leadership, collaboration, and communication skills. You lead the way in showcasing the value of our products in new markets and with new personas – where the core sales organization isn’t yet equipped to do so. You represent the Presales organization in R&D and are responsible for bringing customer intelligence and insights to the product roadmap.
An ideal candidate will have both architect-level experience in more than one working/customer environment or marquee tech provider experience as well as a track record of effective management of a presales or engineering function.
This role reports to the WW VP Solution Specialists and aligns to Global Solution Sales leadership for NDB, driving a technical sales agenda, providing thought leadership, and elevating customer and field insights to inform product roadmap. The position works within a governance structure that includes partnering with business unit leaders and other field sales functions.
- Assist and guide Portfolio Product Specialists and Solution Architects with selling new software subscriptions in an overlay capacity with an adopt and expand methodology for rapid growth.
- Work with the Nutanix enablement team to help build out consistent enablement programs and materials - involving the NDB field specialist team.
- Ensure that said enablement is delivered with high quality by the enablement function globally - with the help of the specialist SE team
- Implement analytical and operational methodologies to track growth and pipeline against team goals with operational effectiveness to effectively meet quotas for our NDB Product.
- Provide credibility in performing and managing the functions of a Nutanix Portfolio Products Specialist, including running 201+ level solution evaluations, orchestrating large deal structures, providing competitive knowledge, and driving expansion opportunities.
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales to the Portfolio Products Business Units/Product Management/Engineering for issues that arise.
- Orchestrate complex deals structures with competitive knowledge, use case strategies, and expansion opportunities together with the Global NDB Sales Leader.
- Support the field SE and AE teams in strategic Portfolio Product opportunities, solution evaluations, and competitive knowledge.
- Build and maintain relationships with strategic customers, key stakeholders and leaders within Nutanix, such as Channel, Marketing, Product Management and Engineering.
- Management responsibility (matrix) for NDB Portfolio Product Specialists and Solution Architects from a global perspective, this may include recruiting, mentoring, training, quarterly check-ins, escalation conversations, etc.
- Ability to travel about 50% of the time (when permissible).
What You'll Bring
- 7-10 years of experience as a Pre-Sales Engineer, Post-Sales Engineer, overlay product specialist, or an equivalent technical position. Prior management experience (5+ years or more) is highly desirable.
- Deep knowledge of primarily database technologies and management, cloud, virtualization, and management/operations technologies.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Experience selling new technologies with a focus on product adoption and expansion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field (or equivalent work experience). MBA is a plus.
About the team
Our Portfolio Products Presales organization is made up of around 90 specialists and solution architects across the globe. This group supports our entire global sales and pre-sales organization to drive the adoption of our Portfolio Products. Our Portfolio Product Specialists and Solution Architects team are responsible for supporting an ever-growing set of Nutanix Emerging Products focused on Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure, Hybrid Cloud Management, Unified Storage, Database and DaaS/EUC.
Meet Rob Tribe, VP System Engineering EMEA, linkedin.com/in/robtribe
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $260,640- $390,960/ year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.