SMTS - Cloud and Virtualisation
Hungry, Humble, Honest with a Heart
Nutanix is disrupting the multi-billion-dollar enterprise data center market by pioneering an enterprise cloud platform that leverages web-scale engineering and consumer-grade design to natively converge compute, virtualization, and storage into a resilient, software-defined solution with rich machine intelligence. Our vision is to make infrastructure invisible, so IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. If you are up to the challenge and want to be a part of a team that makes history, then this job might be for you.
The Test Drive team is looking for a seasoned Python developer for the role of Cloud Engine Architect to contribute to a complex product spanning cloud provisioning, infrastructure automation, and web application areas. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in developing robust backend python code while maintaining the ability to work across the stack when needed. This hiring is for a highly passionate team which solves complex problems related to automatic provisioning. As an engineer on this team, you will learn about:
- Nutanix products and tech stack, Virtualization infrastructure, Cloud platform, Storage System.
- Work on various web and backend technologies.
- Design and develop the user interface for the target audience.
- Build management and monitoring console.
- Create efficient and fast product deployment APIs on private and public cloud platforms.
- Programmatically setup the prerequisite for Nutanix HCI Infra like setup of Network, Proxy and Routers.
- Automated Tests and CI/CD.
The position offers unlimited learning opportunities including coding, complex debugging, product serviceability, and developing scalable and optimal solutions.
- Design and implement new features that provide improved user experience, optimized performance, and integration with third-party applications and APIs
- Work closely with product and design teams to implement consumer-grade user experiences in a fast-paced environment
- Take ownership across the product and support internal and external users
- Build software with automation and user connection brokering in mind
- Work on defining functionality that is easy-to-use, intuitive to customers.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Follow a methodical approach to design that is future ready and scalable.
What will you bring:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Python programming, particularly in the areas around automation and web technologies and frameworks (Gunicorn / REST APIs)
- Proficiency in container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Anthos)
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure (VMware vSphere, Nutanix AHV, Microsoft Hyper-V) automation
- Solid understanding of infrastructure (storage, networking, containers)
- Prior experience in building high-performance and secure APIs, Full stack engineering including Frontend, Backend, Databases, Network and DevOps.
About the Team:
“Our team is a highly collaborative, skilled, and friendly group of engineers who foster a culture of learning and knowledge sharing. This creates an environment where any problem can be solved efficiently and effectively. Our new project requires close collaboration with other teams across the organization, providing a valuable opportunity for professional development and growth.”
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.