Manager, Technical Support
Manager, Technical Support
Hoofddorp – The Netherlands
Hungry, Honest, Humble, with Heart!
This Role is Hybrid
Nutanix is a constantly growing company and the scope of our teams expands with the objective to provide the best support for our fast-growing customer base.
You will be leading a team of Systems Reliability Engineer to support our most critical customers, drive technology improvements and mentor future technical leaders. You will play an active role in defining strategy, driving decisions, and managing goals. You will be collaborating with teams across the company.
Technical Support at Nutanix
Here at Nutanix we drive the success of our customers through passion and teamwork, ensuring quick response times and unparalleled customer satisfaction; our 90/100 NPS score is a testament to such objective. Our diverse, multicultural team of top-notch engineers act as our customers champions, working closely with Engineering, Field, and Sales teams. Our teams love to have constant learning opportunities and aim to become experts in Virtualization, Networking and Storage.
As a manager, you are expected to:
- Lead and manage an international team of Systems Reliability Engineer. You’ll split your time between unblocking your team, supporting them in their duties, and coaching them to realize their full potential, while also having the opportunity to work on technical duties yourself.
- Manage the daily activities of the team
- Demonstrate Technical leadership
- Have strong communication skills: verbal, presentation, and written
What you'll bring
- Advanced degree in a relevant subject (computer science, data science, statistics).
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise technical support and in troubleshooting and debugging complex issues or several years of Experience in management and team leading
- 4+ years of experience leading a team and managing projects
- Experience supporting external customers and a customer-first mindset
- Fluent speaking and writing skills in English and additional language is a plus
- Passion and ability to learn new things
About the Opportunity
Meet Joaquin Martínez
I Joined Nutanix in 2013 as we were a David against the Goliath, and yet we always won by creating disruption in the market and offering innovation and flexibility to our customers. I´ve previously worked in places such as Brocade and Unisys way back in the day, amazing places that offered learning and growth opportunities.
My biggest personal win so far has been raising two amazing kids away from my home country. And my biggest professional win so far has been joining Nutanix! Best decision of my professional career.
When it comes to candidates, I look for People willing to learn, grow and contribute with their knowledge to the growth of Nutanix to keep creating disruptive and innovative technologies.
I´m currently involved in life groups that promote teaching of right values to kids involved in tech. So we can leave a better planet for the upcoming generation.
How We Work
We are a fully hybrid team based in Hoofddorp, just 15-20 minutes by train from Amsterdam, and based in the comfort of our own homes. We try and meet up as a full team monthly to reconnect, share ideas and to socialize outside of working hours! We organize our working shifts and aim towards the appropriate work-life balance for all our team members. When working from home, you will still feel connected to the team with our weekly meetings, 1-1s and daily slack (instant messaging) chats with the other marketeers!
This role is hybrid and will require the ability to frequently travel to our EMEA Support Center in Hoofddorp.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.