Member of Technical Staff - Backend Developer
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with Heart.
We are looking for a Member of Technical Staff for the India site. If the idea of starting small and building big excites you, you will be a good fit for this team. With NDB, you'll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely across our team in a collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas.
Engineering / R&D at Nutanix:
Nutanix Database Service (NDB) is a DBaaS (Database as a Service) product for on-premise Nutanix customers. The product is expanding to a Hybrid Multi Cloud Solution with a scalable architecture. The NDB engineering team is distributed across India, US, and Serbia. As we plan to scale NDB Engineering for the next generation product and build a world class engineering organization
- Architect, design and develop enterprise life cycle management software for Databases.
- Architect, design and develop efficient, flexible, scalable, and robust software systems/components
- Develop deep understanding of customer use cases of various databases in secondary environment and design innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- Work on defining functionality that is easy-to-use, intuitive to customers.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Follow methodical approach to design that is future ready and scalable.
What You Will Bring:
- Experience working in Microservices, Kubernetes, Cloud Saas, Cloud Native applications.
- Experience working with enterprise software development in one of the domains (Web Services: (REST APIs, Java Web Services, Scalable Systems, Security, RBAC),
- Databases – (SQLServer, Oracle, MySQL/MariaDB, PostGres, SAP/HANA etc), Linux Systems and Storage - (SAN/NAS/HCI), Virtualization) Optional/Nice to have.
- Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: Java, Python or C++
- Must be able to write efficient code with high quality.
- Experience with object oriented concepts and design is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required with 7-12 year of experience. Advanced degree in Computer Science preferred.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.