Database Consulting Architect - Professional Services, Saudi Arabia
Database Consulting Architect, Professional Services
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with heart!
This role is hybrid - working from both home and office.
Do you love discovering customers’ business challenges and crafting unique solutions for them? Are you ready for an opportunity to transform the way companies work? If you have a passion for Enterprise Cloud Technology and a knack for helping customers understand and implement them; we want to talk to you!
We are looking for an experienced Architect to join our Professional Services team in Saudi Arabia. The Architect will work in the Services organization to help clients establish architectural vision and direction. He or she will help clients design, deploy, and migrate complex applications as well as work with software developers, consultants, and engineers to create scalable and repeatable solutions for partners.
Professional Services at Nutanix
The Nutanix Professional Services team delivers a strong influence on the success of each Nutanix implementation by its customers. The Services function ensures success by engaging with customers in the pre-sales and post-sales stages by assisting in their software-defined data center (SDDC) strategy and architecture. Besides helping customers implement Nutanix products successfully, the Professional Services team, working with our partners, ensures customer success in fully implementing their virtualized and software-defined data centers. The Nutanix Professional Services Consulting function includes assessment, design, implementation, integration, and automation services as well as project management.
Sounds like you? Read on.
- As a consultant, engage with clients to compare and contrast various database technologies and provide value propositions according to the client’s application landscape.
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, and management of database services utilizing Nutanix NDB on on-prem as well as NC2 (AWS/Azure).
- Provide Database consultancy services to existing Nutanix customers as well as potential customers.
- Evangelize the Nutanix platform to Application owners, DBAs, and management.
- Participate in a pre-sales involvement to provide services overlay to the existing sales motion primarily as an SME.
- Create toolkits best practice documents and whitepapers.
What you’ll bring
- Minimum 6 years of database experience in Oracle, SQL Server, or other commercial/open-source database platforms
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Database implementation such as Oracle, Oracle RAC, SQL Server, SQL Server Always On
- Experience in handling multiple Cloud Environments for Database Migrations for Oracle/MySQL/Postgres Databases
- Experience operating the database layer of a large-scale SaaS product
- Experience operating mission-critical database applications in on-premise, cloud, or hybrid cloud environments.
- Experience in migrating mission-critical database environments from one platform to another
- Experience working with high availability, disaster recovery, and server tuning strategies including parameters, resources, contention, etc.
- Experience in Shell/Perl/Python Scripting
- Knowledge of replication technologies such as Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle Dataguard, and SQL Server Log-Shipping.
- Experience with mission-critical databases across multiple database platforms
- Database design experience in virtual environments is a plus
- Should be a good team player.
- Should have effective communication and the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge and operational experience of Open Source databases like MongoDB, MySQL, or PostgreSQL will be an added advantage.
About our business
- Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
Meet the Hiring Manager (Salman Siddiqi: https://www.linkedin.com/in/salmanutanix/ )
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.