Portfolio Product Specialist (NUS)
The Nutanix Unified Storage Specialist combines deep technical expertise with a keen understanding of how to address the critical business needs of enterprise customers through the use of Nutanix Unified Storage products and solutions. The Unified Storage Specialist is a high-impact, high-visibility role. You will be architecting Nutanix solutions, helping customers design cloud solutions, and showcasing the benefits of how the unified storage offerings complement these solutions.
- Be the key technical leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to adopt Nutanix technologies.
- Serving as a specialist and trusted advisor for both the end customers and field sales teams.
- Present, demonstrate and help execute proof of concepts for Nutanix technologies, and drive customer engagements from early conversations to decision making evaluations.
- Design and implement solutions based on Nutanix technologies.
- Influence Nutanix go-to-market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers encountered.
- Be a self-starter who can flourish in a dynamic technology company.
- Stay well ahead of the learning curve in your area of expertise and related business trends.
What you’ll bring
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Software pre-sales and technical sales
- Thorough understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of multi-tiered client/server solutions
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- Strong knowledge of SMB, NFS, S3 Protocols
- Propose and expertly demonstrate the Nutanix based solutions using presentations, existing customer or partner solutions, whiteboards, demos, and assisting with pilots, "proof-of-concepts", etc.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-adapting environment, working with cross-functional teams and leveraging company resources to drive sales using a combination of top-down and bottom-up tactics.
- Must be a strong communicator and presenter with excellent writing skills with a penchant for organization, constant follow-up and attention to detail.
- Experience in design, architecture and deploying complex deployments.
- Thorough understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases and technically close deals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
Meet the hiring manager - Seb Hakiel, Senior Manager, EMEA Portfolio Solutions https://www.linkedin.com/in/seb-hakiel-6624241b/
Seb first discovered Nutanix back in early 2013 while working on a desktop transformation program for a global financial services company. This was an eye-opening project for Seb who after completing the project quickly joined Nutanix in 2014 as a Senior Systems Engineer.
Since joining and being one of the first few employees in the UK&I team, he has held several individual contributor roles and for the last four years managed various different teams and now proudly leads the EMEA Specialist Organisation.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.