Unified Communications System Engineer
The Unified Communications System Engineer will be responsible for system design, SaaS integrations, maintenance, and innovation for unified communications and workplace technologies. We are looking for someone who can bring their experience, expertise, and help us deliver an amazing UC employee experience. Nutanix’s video and teleconferencing are powered by Zoom and integrated into an ecosystem of SaaS services and tooling. The resource is expected to understand how Zoom interacts with the other technologies in conference rooms as well as how to troubleshoot systemic issues affecting Nutanix. This includes understanding networking, MDM management, A/V technologies, Oath/Okta integrations and developing and implementing role based access and permissions at scale. Lastly, we are enabling hybrid work for our employees and our workplace, and this resource will be a key member of the technology team, ensuring that our employees can be productive whenever and wherever they work.
.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues globally with Zoom platform. Responsible for tier 3 support for AV Hardware.
- Work closely with UC Manager and project managers on planning and implementation of new systems.
- Manage system/hardware life-cycle, updates/refreshes, and schedule preventative maintenance.
- Document systems and processes, including diagraming. Cross train other UC team members and participate in end user training sessions when necessary.
- Ensure intake -> approval -> UAT -> features release processes are followed and worked on by priority levels.
- Automate processes and tasks for workplace technologies, and help scale support globally. Python knowledge major plus.
- Help us innovate on the Nutanix employee technology experience, evaluating new technologies that empower dynamic work, solutioning and design, and innovating scalable technology solutions that support our employees’ productivity.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong engineering experience with Zoom and other video conferencing systems, including design, hardware/software evaluations, monitoring, builds, troubleshooting, and networking.
- Experience with MDM solutions for mobile and desktop operating systems.
- Strong understanding of networking technologies (WiFi, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, VPN)
- Scripting/development experience would be a plus, along with data analytics experience.
- Provide ongoing engineering support for our UC systems.
- On-call rotation/After Hours support when is required.
- Manage ServiceNow tickets to ensure we respond and deliver resolutions within established SLAs.
- Help administer and set policies for company supported applications.
- Create and improve design documents and how-to instructions.
- Sense of humor, technical curiosity, strong sense of ownership, and passionate about delivering an amazing employee technology experience. Nutanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among multiple concurrent projects while also handling interruptions.
- Experience with ServiceNow platform and reports.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $97,600 and $196,600/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.#LI-KC1
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.