Automation Testing (Python/C) - AHV
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with a Heart.
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
Our System Test team is tasked with test planning, test scenario design, and test case development to assess and improve the overall quality of our products. The role encompasses influencing product design by leveraging the wide knowledge of the product portfolio and ensuring that a quality-first mindset is instituted within our development practices. Also, automation of complex tests that mimic customer environments and workloads to ensure performance and scalability baselines.
- Executing large-scale customer deployment scenario tests (ex: Oracle RAC, VDI, Exchange Server, etc.)
- Developing and Executing manual and automated tests to find bugs, and ensuring that automated tests are run regularly to catch regressions
- Working closely with development engineers to analyze and find the root cause of failures.
- Filing bugs and tracking them to closure.
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with distributed software systems.
- Experience in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects.
- Experience testing a “systems” product (file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking)
- Experience in Software Development or Test Automation in one of the following programming languages: Python/Perl/C/C++/Java (Python preferred)
- Strong fundamentals in Object-Oriented Programming, Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problem Solving
- Strong fundamentals of enterprise networking and virtualization concepts - hypervisor/storage/network virtualization
- Ability to debug and extend automated tests
- Prior system testing experience of large scale deployments will be a big plus.
- Skills in debugging complex distributed applications
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.