Manager, AMER IT Site Services
Manager, IT Site Services
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with Heart!
Reporting to the Global IT Operations Director, the AMER IT Site Services Manager will be responsible for providing world-class technology services to our employees and contractors in the AMER region by maximizing technology efficiencies and minimizing manual intervention.
In this role, you will oversee our 20+ Nutanix offices in the region, including the HQ office in San Jose, for our Information Technology organization and ensure the services IT provides continues to exceed local operational needs. You will partner with other members of our IT leadership to provide solutions and technologies which will best support our "customer first" strategy. You will oversee a local IT Operations team that will be measured against timely delivery and accuracy in a fast-paced environment while undertaking ever-evolving technology, people, and process change.
- Obsess about the IT Operations – partner with the broader business to ensure that what IT delivers is what our internal customers want and need.
- Help to define and execute a global strategy for improving IT operational support efficiency and prioritizing customer success. Metrics are everything!
- Be an outstanding leader for the AMER IT Operations (distributed) team and lead by example,
- Keep the IT fire going by periodically reviewing supported technologies, system life cycles, and support processes and see where new technologies can take us further with innovation,
- Own ongoing communications to our IT customers in AMER - announcements, updates, etc.
What You’ll Bring
- Requires technical work experience and three or more years of technical management in a modern technology environment.
- Proven track record of partnering and building relationships with business stakeholders at all company levels.
- Experience in vendor, procurement, budget and asset management
- Strong knowledge of IT operations, architectures/concepts/terminology, and incident and change management.
- Experience working in an international company with offices distributed globally and employees working anywhere
- Experience managing office IT systems to provide the best employee experience and productivity.
- Experience with modern technologies for conference rooms (e.g., Zoom Rooms), telephony systems (e.g., Zoom telephony, Ring Center, VCC solutions, etc.), WIFI and network (e.g., Mist, Cisco, Palo Alto), data centers (UPSs, Servers, Storages, hypervisors, etc.), monitoring tools, and end-user hardware and software (laptops, SaaS apps, etc.)
- Proven history of driving technical innovation while promoting a healthy team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Fluent English).
About usFounded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $120,000 and $238,800/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.