Senior Member of Technical Staff - AHV (Control Plane)
Senior Member of Technical Staff
San Jose, California, USA
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with Heart!
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise hybrid cloud, is looking to hire a Software Development Engineer (Virtualization) for Nutanix Hybrid cloud Infrastructure. If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working with extremely smart, passionate software developers, this is the role for you. You will work on hard problems at scale and will have the autonomy to deliver.
Nutanix AHV team
Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) is an enterprise-grade hypervisor tailor-made for Nutanix’s software solution and has reliability, performance, and scalability characteristics proven to be capable of meeting the demands of the toughest enterprise and private cloud workloads.
AHV Control Plane is an integral part of the AHV ecosystem which is robust, highly scalable and resilient to failures. The team is responsible for Virtual Machine Lifecycle Management which involves designing and implementing consistent and highly scalable distributed services. The team is also responsible for APIs which are focussed on usability, performance, and integration with service providers and other Nutanix services such as Storage and DRaaS.
Your Role -
- Architect, design and develop cloud-based services for providing distributed, scalable, secure and easy to use infrastructure.
- Develop expertise in multiple areas of the Acropolis Hypervisor management and serve as a technical leader in the organization, specifically focusing on Control Plane. This component is largely responsible for designing scalable AHV compute control plane;
- AHV Virtual Machine Management APIs design and implementation.
- Horizontally Scalable Control Plane for AHV Virtual Machine Management.
- Build robust integration with vendors and services such as Storage and DRaaS.
- Contribute to defining the long-term vision and actively influence the product direction to align for customer success.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering support teams to accurately define customer requirements.
- Define and maintain a very high product quality bar by owning the content from inception to delivery.
- The candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently, respect differences and can maintain professionalism under various circumstances.
What you will bring -
- Deep experience with application and services development in a cloud environment, distributed systems design, API design and API backend frameworks.
- Solid understanding of operating systems and hypervisor concepts.
- Love of programming - excellent at Golang, Python, and/or C++ for enterprise quality software development.
- Degree: Bachelors, Masters in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of overall experience in building and shipping production-grade services.
- 4+ years of experience with leading software development or research teams.
- San Jose (Hybrid 2-3 days in the office)
- Solid understanding of debugging techniques in a distributed environment.
Meet the hiring manager
Hello, this is Prathyush! I joined Nutanix 8 years ago and worked in several teams and roles during this time. I have been leading and managing the AHV Control Plane team for the last 2+ years. Before that I was a tech lead in the same team for 3 years. Over the course of the last five years, I got the opportunity to overhaul our API story as well as re-architect some of the critical backend components to aid in building the next generation Control Plane for AHV Virtual Machine management. With the release of our latest APIs, we are inching closer to our vision. My team is now actively engaged in making the backend services horizontally scalable; of which our Belgrade team plays a significant role.I’d like to build upon our success in hiring skilled engineers in our Belgrade office who can aid in our vision, bring new ideas, and help build a high-quality product.
What the Team Says
“Our team is a highly collaborative, skilled, and friendly group of engineers who foster a culture of learning and knowledge sharing. This creates an environment where any problem can be solved efficiently and effectively. Our new project requires close collaboration with other teams across the organisation, providing a valuable opportunity for professional development and growth.”
How we Work
We work in a hybrid style, letting everyone in the team decide on their preferred work location. Some of our team members enjoy remote work, while others like the office environment. We are trying to minimize the number of meetings and nurture the culture of writing and sharing documents, which helped us achieve a more flexible schedule and transparent knowledge sharing. We also have weekly Nutanix lunch days that are a great opportunity to connect in person with the team and other colleagues.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $134,400 and $267,600/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.