Sales Specialist - Nutanix Database Service
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with a Heart.
As an NDB Sales Specialist at Nutanix, you will be a solution sales leader aligned with the Nutanix Database Service business unit working in our enterprise sales organization to drive business with our most important customers. You will work within a virtual team of technical, partner, and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and to achieve/exceed quarterly Nutanix NDB sales and usage/consumption targets in your assigned region. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep DB sales expertise across Nutanix and non-Nutanix technologies.
Sound like you? Please Read on.
- Be the key sales leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy and adopt Nutanix NDB, serving as a product specialist and trusted advisor for end customers and field sales teams.
- Present, demonstrate, and help execute proof of concepts for Nutanix NDB and drive customer engagements from early conversations to decision making evaluations.
- Design and plan for implementation for Nutanix NDB solutions by leveraging Product experts, Solution Architects and Nutanix Services.
- Own the sales revenue targets for Nutanix NDB in your assigned region and work alongside field sales teams to grow the Nutanix NDB business.
- Drive sales and adoption through sales-led activities such as targeted account planning, account management and replicating product success at scale
- Lead TCO and ROI conversations with customers and field teams as opportunities progress from through the sales cycle
- Influence Nutanix NDB strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers encountered
- You will be a thought leader in the DBA and Database space. You lead by participating in internal Nutanix communities and in broader industry events.
Requirements/What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Appliance and Software pre-sales and technical sales
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-adapting environment, working with cross-functional teams and leveraging company resources to drive sales using a combination of top-down and bottom-up tactics.
- Must be a strong communicator and presenter with excellent writing skills with a penchant for organization, constant follow-up and attention to detail.
- Experience with MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and/or other virtualized database solutions.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google clouds
- Sales experience with Database solutions
- Job requires about 40-50% of travel
- A successful NDB Sales Specialist will have the following qualifications:
- Solution oriented - The expertise and ability to convert customer requirements into innovative technical solutions in the database administration space.
- Collaborative - Able to work cohesively with members of the Nutanix sales, product, engineering, services, and marketing organizations and Nutanix partners is required.
- Excellent Communicator - Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills is required.
- Executive Presence - Validated experience engaging with senior level executives is preferred.
- Performer - Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations is required.
- Proven experience one or more of the following areas:
- Application and Server Virtualization understanding & selling.
- Maintain relationships with a broad set of resources at all levels of a customer organization
- Deep understanding of sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases and close deal
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, capable of quickly learning new products and technologies
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Experience selling compute, databases & apps
- Conceptual understanding of databases & their practical use cases.
- Extraordinary teammate that works well in dynamic situations and startup environments
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.