Solutions Architect - Nutanix Database Management, Southern Europe
Rome / Milan, Italy
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with heart!
This role is hybrid
Nutanix is looking for Portfolio Solutions Architect - Nutanix Database Management. As a Nutanix Databases (NDB) Portfolio Solutions Architect at Nutanix, you will be a technical solution presales expert aligned with the NDB business unit working in our technical sales organization to drive business with our customers. You will work within a virtual team of technical, partner, consulting, and engineering resources to help educate our customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and achieve/exceed quarterly Nutanix Database sales and usage/consumption targets in your assigned region. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Nutanix and non-Nutanix technologies.
- Be the key technical leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy and adopt Nutanix Database solutions, serving as a product specialist and trusted advisor for end customers and field sales teams.
- Present, demonstrate, and help execute proof of concepts for Nutanix Database solutions and drive customer engagements from early conversations to decision-making evaluations.
- Install, support, and maintain Nutanix solutions during Proof of Concept (POC) deployments
- Design and plan for implementation of Nutanix Database solutions by leveraging Product experts, Solution Architects, and Nutanix Consulting Services.
- Influence Nutanix Database strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers encountered
- You will be a thought leader in the Database and Database as a service (DBAAS) You lead by participating in internal Nutanix technical communities. In the broader industry, you participate in events, publish blogs, whitepapers, and reference architectures in your area of expertise.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of experience as a DBA with MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, No SQL, … and/or other virtualized database solutions. Also Experience with AWS, Azure and/or Google clouds
- Deep knowledge of the Database, DBAAS, and Database automation market
- Understanding of the emerging automation, DevOps and security market, data center and application architecture
- Must be a strong communicator and presenter with excellent writing skills with a penchant for organization, constant follow-up, and attention to detail.
- Language: fluent in Italian and English (writing and speaking), other languages like Spanish or Portuguese are a plus
- This job requires about 40-50% of travel
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
Meet the hiring manager - Seb Hakiel, Senior Manager, EMEA Portfolio Solutions https://www.linkedin.com/in/seb-hakiel-6624241b/
Seb first discovered Nutanix back in early 2013 whilst working on a desktop transformation program for a global financial services company. This was an eye-opening project for Seb who after completing the project quickly joined Nutanix in 2014 as a Senior Systems Engineer.
Since joining and being one of the first few employees in the UK&I team, he has held a number of individual contributor roles and for the last four years managed various different teams and now proudly leads the EMEA Specialist Organisation.#LI-MR1
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.