Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Come work for Net at Work ranked #29 among the world’s 501 most strategic and innovative managed service providers (MSPs) and the top Sage partner in North America!
About Net at Work:
For businesses that want to unleash new levels of efficiency, performance and success, Net at Work provides expert services and solutions that unlock the transformational power of technology. We combine technology and business expertise with exceptional care to build long-term, trusted relationships. We’re problem-solvers and promise-keepers. Those are the twin principles upon which Net at Work was founded, and they’re what our clients tell us they value most about their relationships with us.
While we provide a variety of technology-related business services delivered by a diverse group of 200-plus dedicated professionals, we are a single, tight-knit team. We share challenges and solutions, victories and failures, valuing each team members’ contribution to the whole. One company, with one goal: enable our clients to unleash their potential through the transformative power of technology.
We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented Data Analyst to join our Net at Work Operations team. You’ll be responsible for extracting, maintaining and analyzing data that drives our day to day business as well as translating data into insights and working closely with our COO to help guide our business strategy.
The Business Intelligence Data Analyst will:
- Utilize strong Microsoft Excel, Tableau and SQL skills to provide high-quality data analysis.
- Extract data from primary or secondary data sources into Excel and create monthly reports using pivot tables and VLOOKUP’s.
- Approach report creation with a workflow efficiency mindset and look for ways to automate and maintain reports on an on-going basis.
- Be able to quickly learn the data dictionary of our three core systems: Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Changepoint and Sage 300.
- Manage and complete time-sensitive monthly data tracking and reporting projects.
- Work with internal stakeholders to define reporting and analysis requirements and be able to understand business needs and convert them to technical specifications.
- Work with sales commission data and create a process that gathers data from all primary sources and produces monthly sales commission reports.
- Review reports and processes created by others and improve them for efficiency and performance.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports that effectively communicate trends, patterns and predictions using relevant data.
- Analyze recurring sales data on a monthly basis, report discrepancies between actual and budget
- Identify coding errors, investigate data anomalies and other data-related problems.
- Assist in building predictive systems to help catch issues before they arise and assist in building and supporting monthly financial reporting.
- Own the design of advanced analytics dashboards and Key Performance Indicator reports in our BI tool starting from requirements gathering across sales, product and senior leadership teams to the delivery of a final, polished reports in production.
- Use data to answer key questions about the business and deliver takeaways from data with statistical significance.
- Enhance workflow efficiency by automating repeatable manual steps where appropriate.
- Provide timely, valuable solutions for ad hoc analyses via SQL with a focus to detail on crafting scripts that can be easily manipulated to efficiently address similar future analyses.
- Be the go-to person for any ad-hoc data-related questions.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in data, consulting, analytics or a related function involving quantitative data analysis to solve problems.
- Advanced level expertise in Tableau (Measure vs. Dimension), Excel (Advanced VLOOKUP, Nested ifs, MATCH, INDEX, MID, SEARCH, OFFSET, INDIRECT, Array formulas, etc. ) and SQL (Functions, Stored Procedures, CASE & PIVOT, Hierarchical Queries, Cursors: Implicit and Explicit, Triggers, Dynamic SQL, Query Optimization, Data Modeling, etc.).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Extensive experience designing reports and dashboards with data visualization tools such as R, Tableau and Microsoft Power BI.
- Experience with using an ETL management tool to collect data from various sources into analytical databases.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Ability to learn new reporting tools easily.
- Data-oriented personality, great communication skills, and an excellent eye for details.
- Excellent English - written and verbal skills.
- Ability to take direction, as well as work autonomously.
- Accountability is key – needs to have drive, a sense of urgency and be self-motivated.
We are an EEO/AA employer.