Social Media Editor
Are you a professional writer with a passion for social media?
Do you enjoy collaborative writing and have the ability to drive engagement through your work?
We are currently looking for a Social Media Editor who will be responsible for writing, editing, and developing content for all of our web and social media channels. This role will also create social media and public relations strategies to drive member engagement and promote and celebrate NACE as the leader in the field of career development for recent college graduates. The Social Media Editor will be responsible for elevating NACE’s high-quality research, professional development events, resources, and networks through social media and the NACE Virtual Community.
About Us and What we Offer You
The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) is the leading source of information, insight, and analysis around in the career development and employment of the new college graduate. Through its high-quality research, content focused on leading-edge practices and tactics, rich educational opportunities and events, and vibrant member networks, NACE provides its members with the resources, analysis, and connections they need to succeed in their roles. Visit www.naceweb.org to learn more.
Inclusion is a core value for the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), which fosters and supports individual and organizational diversity and inclusion to advance equity in all facets of the association. NACE embraces and derives value from the variety of views that diverse organizations and individuals bring to a task at hand and creates a supportive learning environment to foster open communication of diverse perspectives and realities. A little more on how we are putting this into practice can be found here.
Benefits and Perks
NACE employees receive a competitive salary and enjoy a work environment that values collaboration, innovation, and excellence. Additionally, employees receive an extremely robust benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off and vacation time
- 401(k) plan
- Generous medical, dental and vision plan (no premium for employee-only coverage and extremely reasonable rates for family coverage)
- Company provided short-term and long-term disability
- Company provided life insurance equal to two times annual salary
What the Job Looks Like
As the Social Media Editor you will have the ability to help promote NACE as the leading resource for the career development and employment of new college graduates by driving member engagement through the following job responsibilities:
- Create and execute social media and public relation strategies to position NACE as the leading source of information and insight for career development and employment of new college graduates
- Develop, write, edit, solicit, and manage content for our virtual community including our blog, website, and various social media outlets
- Manage NACE social media channels including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube, including developing an editorial schedule, writing content, publishing posts, and monitoring and responding to the public with professionalism
- Stay on top of trends and opportunities in social media and associate platforms to implement leading practices to facilitate NACE in reaching strategic goals including driving member engagement
- Engage and assist staff and volunteer NACE members in contributing to social media and public relations strategies through their own social media accounts
- Drive member engagement across all virtual platforms
- Write, edit, proofread, and perform related duties as needed
Important Qualifications to your Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or other related major with relevant work experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience writing and editing in varied formats and styles
- Practical experience creating and executing social media campaigns
- Practical experience working with virtual communities, e.g., seeding, managing and repurposing content; interacting with community leaders and participants, analyzing engagement around content
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Possess a high level of independent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Willing to travel on occasion
- Ability to work remotely and be available for the core hours of 10am – 3pm EST.
Preference will be given to candidates from the Lehigh Valley region, although a virtual work arrangement is possible.
I’m interested, how do I get started?Apply to: https://myhrpartnerinc.com/client-jobs/?p=job%2Foyzbefwg
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position
- Salary requirement
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you already registered your account on Jobvite, click here to log in and check the status of your application
If you have not yet registered your account click here to register
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.