This BRAND-NEW position is an exciting opportunity for someone who is eager to expand and apply their HR and Payroll knowledge! Flexible, Forward-thinking, and Fun! This defines our approach to Human Resources. We are different, and it shows in our unique approach to our business and customers. Due to significant growth, we are seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our team!
This is not a “consulting” position, you are not a temp, not seasonal, and not “as needed.” This is a full-time W2 position at our company. This is a job that makes you happy! It is full of rewards, offers variety, and provides an immense amount of learning opportunities in the field of business and human resources.
What Makes Us Different:
These are just some of the ways we stand out from other HR jobs
- Forward-Thinking: We offer a 40-hour work week. Long hours do not support our strong company values. We are a small, ultra-modern company that takes a progressive approach to HR.
- Fun: Parties, retreats, appreciation events, and celebrations for both team and personal successes.
- Learning: We offer an immense amount of training, opportunities to learn and continuous activities that will grow your career.
We provide a work environment that gets you away from “the grind,” and into an environment where you will be energized by the impact, you are making. We can’t help but brag about our press coverage on our unique work schedule in the Wall Street Journal and Fortune Magazine: http://myhrpartnerinc.com/featured-news/
What the Job Looks Like:
Our clients depend on our team for accurate and efficient payroll and benefits administration for their employees. We work with a variety of different payroll and benefit vendors, as our clients keep their vendor of choice. This role will give you an opportunity to work on a variety of different tasks each day. Your day to day may include the following:
- Oversee regular payroll processing activities for specific clients, collaborating with clients on payroll related needs
- Provide support for payroll implementations and transitions
- Assist with payroll compliance items such as year-end tasks, state specific regulations, etc.
- Build and run custom payroll reports
- Serve as a main point of contact for payroll related information necessary for audits, benefits census data, worker’s compensation reviews, etc.
- Provide support for specialized payroll client projects
- Work with multiple HR and Payroll Technology solutions
- Benefits Administration – Assist with employee benefits administration, reporting and payroll related set up if needed
Important Qualifications to your success:
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, Finance, or related field, and the willingness to become SHRM or HRCI certified. This is an absolute requirement.
- Experience: 5+ years of Payroll experience
- Modern & Progressive Approach: We are constantly researching and implementing the latest trends in HR; your HR philosophy should align with our approach.
- Payroll Experience: Knowledge of payroll administration, controls, and governance. Understanding of multi-state payroll practices and requirements is preferred.
- Customer Service / Communication:Living the “human" in Human Resources.
- Time Management: Exceptional time management skills; able to handle changing priorities
- Computer Skills: Understanding of the functioning of payroll systems. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook a must; Adaptable to learn different technology systems
- Business Acumen: An understanding of how payroll and HR connect.
Awesome Culture = Happy Employees! Here’s Our Equation for Work/Life Balance:
- Exciting Company Culture: We are a fast-growing company and making headlines for our progressive HR approaches and philosophies.
- 40 Hour Work Week Max: Say goodbye to long work hours!
- “True” Paid Time Off: Completely disconnect when you are off.
- 11 paid holidays
- Our made-up holiday- Winter Blues day
- Birthday day-off.
Benefits and Perks Include:
- Generous Paid time off
- Short-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- 401k with generous match
- Profit Sharing -potential to be paid out quarterly
- Paid training: Up to 20 hours per year
- Fun Events: Holiday party, Family summer picnic, Annual Employee Appreciation event, annual Company Retreat.
- Appreciation: Birthday and Anniversary celebrations with prizes are just some of the ways we inject fun into our work
I’m interested, how do I get started?
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position is required to be considered
- Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
All applicants can check the status of their application by logging on to the myHR Partner web portal at www.myhrpartnerinc.com and logging on to your personal profile in the Job Postings area.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.