Head of Design
Job Role: Head of Design
Start Date: April 2021
Who we are
Imagine what even the world’s finest organizations could achieve if all of their employees were coached to be their absolute best.
At Ezra, we’re on a mission to do just that. We believe through coaching, people get to know themselves. Their goals. Weaknesses. Hang-ups. And once they know all that, they can build on the good stuff and work on the rest.
This mindset applies not only to our clients, but is manifested in our own Ezra family. We believe we are changing people’s lives. We believe a happy team is a productive team. We want our people to care and be proud of what they do. We also practice what we preach – every member of our teams gets to experience the superpower that is coaching for themselves, amongst some other pretty incredible perks.
Ezra is the fastest growing global virtual coaching company, supporting some of the world’s leading companies. If all of this resonates, Ezra just might be the place for you.
We are looking for a dynamic Head of Design Director with knowledge of both communicative design and a passion for UX to join the Global Marketing Team. Ezra always puts the customer first in everything we do and all of our assets across from awareness through to contracting need to reflect that. We’re a hybrid service/technology business and we are looking for someone who can create a unique and impactful design language that can communicate the complex, simply.
Our design requirements have kept pace with our exponential growth and we need someone who can jump straight in and start making an impact. As the leader of our new design function you will report to the Global Marketing Director and work with colleagues across the business to bring a vivid and engaging design language across all of our business assets. This role will be a mixture of hands-on work, driving all aspects of design from concept through delivery, as well as managing a small team.
This role will report to the Marketing Director
What You’ll Do
- Partner with a cross-functional team of leaders to understand their design requirements
- Understand our customers and identify ways to communicate the complex simply
- Work with the Head of Brand to ensure consistency with our brand pillars across all Ezra assets
- Identify and implements content management solutions across the business so everyone from the commercial teams through to the Analysts have easy access to Ezra’s library of creative content
- Explore a wide range of solutions without being overly precious about any - understand that it’s about getting to the right solution for the stakeholder
- Drive efficiency through the creation process and embed reusability across the creative workflow
- Present and advocate for your ideas and solutions to senior leadership
- Lead a small team of designers
- Promote core design principles consistently across the brand and our suite of products (e.g. simplicity, ease of use, etc.)
- Be flexible and willing to pursue alternate solutions based on stakeholder and customer feedback
- Work with the Global Head of Marketing to embed a cultural understanding of design and its application across the business
- Forward-thinking, imaginative, and willing to take risks with your work
- A systematic thinker who understands the big picture but sees the importance of detail
- A natural leader who can build relationships across teams
- A strong and confident communicator (verbal, written, and visual)
- A highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Always empathetic and advocating for the customer and/or user
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple stakeholders confidently
- An expert in all facets of visual design (typography, grid, hierarchy of information, colour, etc.)
What we offer
- Your own world class coach
- Regular team social events
- Flexible working
- Contribution to a wellbeing app (think meditation, fitness, sleep!)
- A weekly wellbeing hour and much more!
- Competitive benefit package
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to having a thriving, diverse team where everyone has a voice and feels able to be themselves. We believe that through valuing our uniqueness and respecting our differences, we can achieve more and that diversity adds to our culture. Attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we serve is essential to us.