King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking an accomplished Senior Workday Analyst ( Reporting & Technical ) to join our Human Resources “HR” Department in Atlanta. The department offers the opportunity for an Analyst to join an innovative and collaborate team primarily focused on providing technical and analytical support to implement and maintain HR & Payroll systems. The HRIS Analyst will work closely with the Compensation, Payroll and HRIS teams and will report to the Associate Director HRIS.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including: health and wellness plans, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, a profit-sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, an onsite childcare center and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities relative to Workday:
- Lead all aspects of Workday technical enhancements, from planning and design phases all the way to configuration, testing and deployment. Translate business requirements into well architected solutions that best leverage the platform
- Build custom reports and calculated fields (Simple, Advanced, Matrix, Discover Boards, Dashboards etc.)
- Partners with Finance, Professional Development, Marketing and other departments to provide essential reporting to support Firm management;
- Develops standard and customized reports by responding to ad-hoc requests from HR, Payroll, Managers and staff utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Develops and maintains Workday reports to extract information and perform analysis; configures and administers systems by updating and modifying codes, tables, reports and other systems to meet the changing requirements of the Firm.
- Preferred experience with Workday Prism Analytics: creating and maintaining external data pipelines editing data lineage when needed, and previewing data transformations to ensure data is what was expected.
- Partners with SMEs to understand reporting needs and serves as Tier 2/Tier 3 support to troubleshoot and resolve HRMS technical issues, process flaws and new user set up.
- Leads building programs and integrations (e.g., PECI, API, Studio, BIRT, EIB, etc.).
- Assists in maintaining integrations for all HR systems including change control migration considerations and systems change management, programs and documents standard operating procedures and workflow processes.
- Develops a working knowledge of all HR and Payroll related computer systems, integrations, and interfaces.
- Ideal candidates have a broad understanding of HR, Benefits and Payroll interdependencies.
- Build consensus around business processes and design
- Supports K&S through testing and writing technical specifications
- Engages with 3rd party vendors
- Mentor junior resources on integrations team
- Oversees Analytics/Reporting project delivery (e.g. People Analytics, Discover Boards etc.)
- Acts as Advisor/Subject Matter Expert for Workday Analytics and Business Intelligence components
- Designs and implements analytics data architectures and data governance processes
- Ensures timelines and quality of analytics/reports/strategy deliverables are met
- Point person for analytics/reporting projects in partnership with Director
- Directs and guides team on analytics/reporting standards and leading practices
- Communication of Workday capabilities
- Consistent and ongoing interaction with client subject matter experts
- Configuration of Workday application including updates to business processes, alerts, notifications, eligibility, and condition rules
- Work side-by-side with key business and technical stakeholders to elicit solution requirements, drive the solution design, and ensure the finished product meets the needs of the business
- Quickly become familiar with K&S business challenges and technologies to act as a SME and trusted advisor to Leadership & stakeholders
- Quickly establish collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders and team members
- Advocates for digital accessibility and inclusive design practices in all projects and client interactions.
- Oversees auditing and maintenance of employee records, including personnel status updates, terminations, and new hires for a domestic and global workforce; Assures accuracy of all reported data coming out of HRIS systems; Defines and implements data integrity standards and controls.
- Performs monthly analysis in partnership with Finance department to validate HR data.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of HR and payroll policies, procedures, trends and practices; provides routine and ad-hoc analytical compensation/ financial analysis to HR Leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience
- Minimum 3+ years’ hands-on Workday experience with enterprise-level applications including Workday integrations, Conversions, or technical area of Workday
- Demonstrated experience designing, modifying and enhancing Security in Workday HCM strongly preferred.
- Experience gathering requirements, designing, prototyping, testing and deploying solutions to meet client requirements
- Experience leading projects and engagements to completion
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Works well independently, and collaboratively in a team
- Demonstrated analytical skills and experience with complete lifecycle of enterprise projects such as:
- Experience with at least 2 full life cycle Workday integrations, experience as a client of Workday through an implementation, experience in other HRIS integrations with desire to re-tool to Workday preferred
- Workday Certified, strongly preferred but not required
- Consulting experience, preferably with a large consulting firm preferred but not required
- Programmer/Developer preferred but not required
- Advanced experience with Excel
- Limited Immigration Sponsorship may be available.
Successful Candidates are self-sufficient, driven towards producing accurate results and have strong analytical skills including. Candidates will have the ability to lead and execute assigned projects in a timely manner. Candidates will also have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, high volume environment. Candidates should have advanced knowledge of Workday environment and have working experience with Workday Reporting Tool with a demonstrated ability to recommend process solutions and communicate with all levels of personnel. Candidates should have a broad-based knowledge of HRIS systems experience including Workday; additional preferred experience includes exposure/experience with systems like UltiPro, Oracle, PeopleSoft, ADP. Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree; preferably in HR Management, MIS/Computer Science, or Business Administration. Five years of job-related experience required.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 20 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.