King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, seeks a Billing Analyst to join our Finance Department. The department offers the opportunity for a Billing Analyst to join an innovative and collaborate team focused on supporting accounting practices and developing solutions to improve processes and procedures. The Billing Analyst will work closely with the Finance team and will report to the Billing Manager.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, an onsite childcare center and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for tasks related to the monthly production of invoices;
- Produce Pre-bill(s) and Work in Process/Unbilled Time reports from the Firm’s financial system (Aderant Expert); determine matters to be billed each month, according to Firm and client guidelines; create and distribute pre-edited draft bills to Partners (or their designee) for review; execute text corrections, transfers, write offs, and produce additional schedules as required by client guidelines;
- Coordinate the submission of electronic bills with E-billing Analysts;
- Review new and updated billing instructions from clients and ensure adherence to the guidelines. Communicate and discuss new client requirements (e.g. task codes, billing formats, special reporting needs) with Finance;
- Track Accounts Receivable and coordinate collection efforts with partner and/or Finance;
- Track matter budgets and ensure that billings are within the appropriate budget constraints;
- Obtain financial information as requested by lawyers and paralegals. Perform certain cost analyses as part of ongoing and annual budget preparation upon client request;
- Attend meetings and conference calls with lawyers, Finance staff, and clients as requested;
- Responsible for coordination of closing matters.
Successful candidates are detail-oriented, efficient, and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. Candidates should have well-developed Microsoft Office skills, including intermediate Excel proficiency, and demonstrate the ability to solve problems and communicate with all levels of personnel. Preferred candidates have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, 5+ years of job related law firm billing experience, and experience in Aderant Expert.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 24 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law