HR Financial Accounting Manager
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is seeking a HR Financial Accounting Manager to join the Human Resources team in Atlanta. The HR Financial Accounting Manager is responsible for the processes and data related to Human Resources accounting, forecasting, and budgeting, including analysis of results, modeling, and reporting. The Manager also collaborates with and supports the department in the annual HR budget, long term plan, mid-year forecast and scenario planning. All applicants must be willing to work onsite in our Midtown office at least 3 days per week, subject to change.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
- Regular budget reporting and reconciliation of HR department expenses to the General Ledger;
- Historical review, analysis, and reconciliation of HR profit center and ledger accounts.
- Develop reporting deliverables and presentations to communicate HR operational performance for senior leadership.
- Support compensation planning, analysis, and administration including salary benchmarking, internal equity, and trend analysis.
- Develop and maintain HR budget including forecasting of compensation, insurance and profit-sharing cost analysis, and other related HR costs as assigned.
- Develop and maintain HR accounting policies, standard operating procedures, General Ledger procedures, and internal payroll and financial controls.
- Participate in the development of annual compensation survey responses.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, management, or finance required; MBA or an advanced degree in business, management or finance preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience in accounting and finance with demonstrated exposure to HR processes and data reconciliation.
- Strong data analysis and technology experience required; Workday, Workday Payroll, and Adaptive Planning preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise with MS Excel and Office.
- Strong attention to detail, with understanding of the importance of accurate data.
- Strong listening, written and oral communications skills; ability to communicate effectively across multiple organizational layers and departments.
- Ability to manage multiple processes and deliverables at once in a dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems.
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to evaluate HR operational and financial indicators and translate data into actionable information for business partners and firm leadership.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 24 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.