Outlook & Exchange Online Specialist
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, has a significant technology roadmap ahead. Cloud migrations, data and analytics, automations, and process improvements are just a few of the programs being delivered over the coming years. One of the first steps in this journey was the migration of email to the cloud. The role of the Outlook & Exchange Online Specialist aims to further expand on this journey and sustain our firms’ usage of this critical technology.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, an onsite childcare center and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Administer Microsoft Outlook & Exchange Online and other related Microsoft O365 technologies as needed. Provides Level 2 & 3 support for these products and services.
- Actively engaged in assessing and managing Microsoft Outlook & Exchange Online product updates. Provide proactive analysis and reviews of product releases, identifying potential conflicts and deciding (when possible) which releases are pushed to end users, and which are held pending further research and analysis (something that is positive to Exchange Online, but having an impact to SharePoint or Teams).
- Collaborates with user communities and practice groups on the change management, communications and training related to Outlook & Exchange Online product updates.
- Works directly with end users to popularize best practices for new and existing capabilities that apply to the business context of the user.
- Diagnosing quarantined messages, what is being caught and then working with our System Operations team to enable the whitelisting of the email domain or email addresses.
- Meet with the Microsoft Hygiene team to look at the emails caught in the quarantine.
- A thorough understanding of Email Client (Outlook), Email forensics, EOP (Exchange Online Protection), ATP (Advanced Threat Protection) and Email Authentication (DCIM SPF DMARK).
- Needs to be proficient in a Hybrid environment setup.
- Preferably would have some experience in PowerShell (since everything is integrated to your logon)
- Comprehensive understanding of both active inbox and file folder search, along with mail archives.
- Understands vendor SLA obligations to its customers and ensures adherence thereto as it pertains to assigned products.
- Serves as the application authority and focal point person to manage or support communications for application commitments to external and internal customers.
- Maintains detailed understanding of both domestic and international data privacy regulations and best practices. Ensures proper communication and procedures are in place to monitor and manage the firms’ contact data.
- Maintains support/communication for Third Party Applications that interface with Microsoft Outlook & Exchange Online.
Product Support Responsibilities:
- Provides application management support for Outlook & Exchange Online and drives communications that will educate service desk teams to understanding upcoming features, enhancements of the applications and technical configuration details.
- Screens and investigates customer complaint issues and provides solutions.
- Liaises with relevant Administrative departments to coordinate training and support, such as Service Desk, ITS Training, Marketing, Professional Development, Secretarial Coordinators and Knowledge Coordinators.
- As the applications authority ensures that application inquiries regarding problems and/or deviations from specification, are proactively identified, investigated, prioritized, corrected, and communicated in a timely manner
- Maintains communication with the above-mentioned vendor’s support/implementation teams to handle data loads, troubleshooting and upcoming releases.
- Involved in ensuring Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are maintained.
- Involved in contract negotiations and recommendations for contract changes (increases in capacity, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three (3) years in information technology role, with deep technical knowledge and hands-on experience related to Applications & Software development or support
- Ideally possesses 2-3 years+ of experience in the legal industry and Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience in administering Outlook & Exchange Online.
- Strong self-motivation, with effective communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver who can easily communicate latest ideas or insights with team members and/or upper management.
- Familiarity with vendor review and software selection.
- Ability to work with customers to provide input to Microsoft.
- Designs processes and techniques that are leveraged by end-users to better leverage intellectual assets.
- Understands and presents issues/opportunities through the context of an end-users, i.e., maintains a business objective focus.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.