Position Title: Payroll Supervisor
Location: Greeley, CO
Reports to: HR Director
- Responsible for assigning in the monthly payroll processing for JBS Carriers.
- Receive and respond to pay-related inquires using discretion and effective oral and written communication with employees and outside agencies.
- Review reconciliation and requisition payments of all medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Perform final review of payroll data related to salary and coordinate with Human Resources on various corrections and changes for final calculation of payroll.
- Provide resource, support and training for district employees who submit payroll and have concerns and questions regarding pay practices addressed in master agreements.
- Verify and remit payments for tax sheltered annuities.
- Verify changes and corrections to employee tax withholdings and bank options, and work with the district’s bank when employee’s direct deposit is returned account closed or account number incorrect.
- Perform various payroll duties, including answering questions concerning labor and benefits, running queries in PeopleSoft and working with IT to create and maintain payroll reports.
- Assist in implementation of appropriate business process efficiencies identified by supervisor in relation to payroll processing.
- Management of payroll specialist, to include performance management.
- Supervise team of payroll specialists.
- Assist in preparing payroll checks.
- Understand and follow government regulations and laws.
- Answer questions from employees and supervisors regarding payroll matters.
- Maintain records on vacation, sick leave, etc.
- Coordinate and processes any irregular payments (i.e., off-cycle, incentive payments, etc.).
- Assist with governmental reporting/compliance.
- Maintain a schedule of assignments.
- Manage timelines of assigned projects.
- Communicate with upper management on projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in payroll processing.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Basic accounting and math skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computer and peripherals.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with typical office equipment.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- 2 years of experience in similar role.
- Strong 10-Key data entry skills required.
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- TMW knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Windows applications.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external customers at all levels.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.