GROUND BEEF PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Operations Management (Beef Plant) Plainwell, Michigan
JBS In Plainwell, MI is looking for a Production Supervisor for our Grinds Department on 1st shift
Purpose & Scope:
Reports directly to the Production Superintendent and has primary responsibility for the direction of the workforce to achieve all safety, quality and operational goals as set forth by facility management.
Experience: Experience in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Candidate must have knowledge of case ready processing equipment.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to lead and motivate others
• Personable, helpful, and friendly
• Strong Customer Service Skills
• Knowledge of case ready production equipment
- Work to ensure the safety of all employees and all product produced within the department on a daily basis by ensuring that all company policies are understood and adhered to at all times by employees within her/ his direct control.
- Directly supervise hourly production employees to include direction of activities and ensuring the training of all employees to product specifications, techniques and requirements.
Work with maintenance department to ensure the proper maintenance and reliability of all equipment within the department and that all operators are trained in the same.
- Look for continuous improvement in operating processes and procedures and encourage hourly employee ownership of all processes.
- Manage hourly production employee performance on both an individual and team basis through the establishment and tracking of performance goals and operating plans.
- Conduct fact finding and investigations as required and implement corrective actions.
- Work to develop Leads to ensure day to day operation of the department in the supervisor’s absence.
- Be able to track and trend data concerning raw material yields, packaging usage, operational efficiency, and customer service rates. Develops corrective actions to improve current deficiencies and continually improve current processes.
- Responsible for utilizing performance metrics and incorporating into them into daily operations to ensure the performance of the department
- Responsible for adherence to all quality and product specifications established by the facility for all products produced
- Production and maintenance settings
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery, and knives
- Slippery floors, extreme temperatures and loud noises
High School degree or equivalent required
Previous experience in a food production environment is preferred but not required.
Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
Excellent conflict resolution skills
Computer knowledge required
Good organizational skills
Ability to work 50+ hours/week
Good attendance and safety records
Internal Relationships: Employees on the production line and plant management
External Relationships: USDA/customers
At JBS, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.