POSITION: Purchasing Manager
DEPARTMENT: Plant Purchasing
LOCATION: Ottumwa, IA
SALARY CLASS: Exempt
- Advanced proficiency of SAP and Microsoft Office Package
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles required
- Strong ability to work with numerical detail and maintain a high level of accuracy
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of experience in managing $50 million spend in the MRO category
- Manage all MRO spend across manufacturing and operations
- Ensure compliance with Corporate driven category strategies for MRO
- Manage costs, track savings, and report out this data to Sr. Management
- Develop relationships with key internal stakeholders across the business
- Build contingency plans for suppliers to ensure continuity of supply
- Identify and manage any risks across the MRO category
- Acts as business partner to Operations and provides expert Sourcing insights, recommendations and guidance.
- Constructively challenges Plant Operations in order to identify new value and process optimization opportunities
- Identifies and drives strategic sourcing projects together with other sourcing projects/tasks.
- Carries end-to-end responsibility for the (e-)RFx (RFP, RFQ, RFI) processes in coordination with Plant Operations.
- Develops systems and process roadmaps to optimize performance of MRO Sourcing and procurement activities.
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com or call (641)683-4746
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: until filled