ASSISTANT CATEGORY MARKETING MANAGER
Purpose and Scope/General Summary: Pilgrim’s is seeking an Assistant Product Manager to be part of the Prepared Foods team. We’re looking for a driven individual who will help the team deliver on the volume and financial goals of the business. This position’s key responsibilities will be P&L ownership of an assigned category or brand, inventory management, forecasting, and project management. This role will be based at our Corporate Office in Greeley, CO.
- P&L ownership for the assigned Brands/Categories.
- Finished good, ingredient and packaging inventory management.
- Provide inputs to supply chain and operations relative to product and category trends.
- Work with sales and forecasting team to ensure forecasts for assigned brands are as accurate as possible.
- Work closely with quality complaint team to understand drivers behind customer complaint trends and operational issues.
- Interact with customers directly to follow up on and resolve complaints
- Lead Cross Functional Team projects (Insights, Finance, Operations, Demand Planning, Customer Marketing, Innovation, R & D and Sales) in support of Category objectives.
- Participate in the process of identifying industry and consumer trends including mining and analyzing secondary data to spot trends and insights in support of defined strategies and to uncover new opportunities.
- Assist with building and executing pricing strategy for assigned Brands/Categories.
- Contribute to the Strategic Planning process and the development/execution of Growth Strategies and the Annual Marketing Plan for the assigned Brands/Categories.
- Seek opportunities for personal development and proactively identify ways to add value to Business Unit teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or similar field preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in business management, preferred
- P&L Management and/or Brand Growth experience in the food industry, specifically in protein preferred.
- Knowledge of interdepartmental functions and experience in interacting closely with the sales team as well as other teams cross functionally.
- Excellent organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
- Strong financial and quantitative analytical skills.
- Strong PC capabilities with emphasis on Excel Spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Word software required.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to work cross-functionally across departments.
- Ability to participate in strategic and annual planning.
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $70,000 - $80,000; and
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required as a condition of continuing employment to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity