FORKLIFT OPERATOR - WPL DAYS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Pulls WIP in correct quantities and age for use in the WPL process
- Assures inventory accuracy by ensuring product is tracked appropriately.
- Rotates stock as required.
- Operates forklift and pallet jack safely and efficiently.
- Ability to update inventory using appropriate equipment.
- Keep area clean by performing daily general sanitation.
- Reports WIP problems or concerns to Supervisor or Lead Person immediately.
- Other duties as assigned by company leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Ability to pass a Prove It test
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; Ability to push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Valid forklift and pallet jack license or ability to obtain a license
- Ability to work in a cold environment
- Ability to learn new procedures, i.e. bar code scanner, equipment, stacking grids
- Familiarity with computer system
- Ability to work variable hours and excellent attendance required
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.