OPERATIONS MANAGER IN TRAINING
Operations Manager in Training – Prepared Foods
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Pilgrim’s is looking for ambitious, driven leaders who are interested in learning more about the poultry industry, what it takes to effectively manage by the company’s vision, how to improve organizational effectiveness by showing exemplary leadership and maintaining the organization’s core values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists management with the organizational development related to the attainment of operating goals and related policies, and best practices, and attainment of operating goals.
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate managers/supervisors, department activities in the facility.
- Drive a People First culture.
- Well versed with USDA policies, practices and procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives, and confers with managers/supervisors to obtain data required for planning activities such as capital projects, new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
- Assigns or delegates responsibility for specified work or functional activities and disseminates policy to managers/supervisors.
- Gives work directions, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Coordinates activities of departments to ensure efficiency and economy.
- Monitors and analyzes costs and prepares budget.
- Prepares reports and records on location activities for management.
- Evaluates current procedures and practices for accomplishing location objectives to develop and implement improved procedures and practices.
- Have strong managerial ability to lead a team to success
- Have strong ability to make good decisions
- Be safety cautious
- Be willing to learn all aspects of the prepared foods business unit from ready-to-cook to ready-to-eat.
- Must demonstrate and understand the balance between people and production
- THE PERSON/PERSONS WILL BE EXPECTED TO GRADUATE FROM THIS PROGRAM WITHIN 8-12 MONTHS! Upon graduation, the person/persons will be eligible to take a qualified upper management position at a location based on needs of the business and skill set of the individuals.
EDUCATION: Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years of directly related experience in the food processing industry; poultry processing preferred as well as further processing to successfully perform the duties of this job.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written.
- Proven ability to motivate and accomplish results through others.
- Experience in both union and non-union facilities preferred.