SAFETY IS A CONDITION:
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
- Monitor machines during operations, making minor adjustments as needed to ensure an efficient quality operation.
- Replace empty fill rolls and changing machines to proper tray sizes per production schedules.
- Rewrap defective trays in a timely manner.
- Informs Supervisor, Lead Person or Maintenance of possible or current mechanical problems to ensure minimal downtime.
- Performs all tasks needed in overwrap to ensure all USDA and company food safety policies are met.
- Checks machines before start up for possible problems and informs maintenance.
- Sets up machines to be ready for production to start on time and tears down for cleanup.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Ability to pass the Prove-It Test
- Ability to follow verbal directions
- Working knowledge of Ossid (overwrap) machines
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to obtain a valid pallet jack license
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.