PET FOOD PLANT MANAGER
Pet Food Plant Manager
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Directs and coordinates overall operations for the pet food plant. Ensures that objectives are achieved, at the lowest cost consistent with quality requirements. Has the ability to delegate authority to key supervisors in production, production control, methods, cost accounting, maintenance, and related operations. Directs all functions involved such as maintenance, manufacturing, production, purchasing, accounting, and administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives Safety and Organizational Values
- Directs production and ensures cost effectiveness and consistency with prescribed quality, accuracy, and performance standards.
- Maintains plant property and equipment in good condition to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and to ensure effective and economical operations.
- Prepares and submits operating reports to management to inform them of the current production status and to make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assures effective customer service and relations through timely delivery of quality product.
- Selects, trains, develops, and motivates manufacturing staff to maintain plant operation.
- Assures compliance of all plant operations with company policy and federal, state, and local regulations.
- May set production and processing goals for plant.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience in a poultry processing/protein conversion plant.
High School Diploma/GED; Bachelor’s degree in a related field, is preferred. DIRECTLY RELATED work experience, will be accepted, on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.