POSITION SUMMARY: The Cattle Procurement Accounting Clerk performs intermediate level clerical accounting duties requiring some analysis and individual judgment in the application of routine calculation, verification, and payment procedures to recurring assignments. Performs accounting support functions in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas: general accounting, accounts payable, or a related financial area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Obtain paperwork from cattle pens.
- Track and verify costs.
- Calculate and prepare payments, settlements, and freight.
- Prepare journal entries for accounting manager to post to general ledger.
- Reconcile payments.
- Stay current with training.
- Perform backup duties.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies. .
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED), required. Associates Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of related accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing fiscal record keeping.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications. (Word, Excel, etc)
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.