Responsible for providing recruitment and selection of additional and replacement staff for both nonexempt and exempt utilizing internal and external sources. The recruiting manager plays a key role in the success of the facility by staffing and recruitment as the first contact with candidates. Builds employee relations in a manner that retains team members long-term and builds employer brand while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and management.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Maintains effective working relationships with all levels of company management to ensure adequate coverage of personnel
- Develops and executes strategic hiring plan encompassing all candidate sources (campus, social media, external recruiters, talent agencies) for facility talent programs and assist in sourcing Business Unit roles
- Operates at fast pace to ensure that production floor is fully staffed adequately and quickly
- Recruits, screens, and interviews applicants for employment
- Consults with management to recommend and identify most qualified applicants
- Manages internal job posting and transfer program
- Accountable for ensuring recruitment and employment activities are in compliance with government regulations and organizational policies and procedures
- Maintain day to day involvement in sourcing top quality candidates
- Build a pipeline of candidates for frequently filled positions
- Assists with a variety of department and companywide projects, including applicant tracking, department audit, etc.
- Act as liaison with area employment agencies, temporary agencies, and advertising agencies, processing and checking advertising agency billings
- Daily guidance and development of recruiters and coordinator
- Improve analytics used in the hiring process measurements include:
- Time to fill (average days to fill position from requisition)
- % fill of direct hires based on budget
- Quality of hire (average performance score and retention rate of hires compared to remainder of workforce)
- Creation of strategic hiring plans with participation and buy in from facility management team
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Communication, Business or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 2-5 years Recruiting experience, prefer 1-2 years Management experience
- Experience leading and motivating a team is highly preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and experience in HR-SAP, Jobvite beneficial
- Required to perform a high volume of quality work in a timely manner
- Proven utilization of multiple sourcing avenues for various levels of talent from entry level production recruiting to management level positions
- Experience establishing metrics to track recruiting effectiveness
- Experience preparing and analyzing a variety of recruiting data and reports and sharing with business leaders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially regarding public relations
- Solid analytical, creative, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Sedentary office work, sitting for long hours
Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Must be able to frequently and regularly use wrists, hands, and or fingers.
Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents, products, or operate machinery.
Must be able to exert 10 lbs. of force occasionally throughout the day.
Typical office environment, with no hazardous or significantly unpleasant working conditions.