Paid Search, Account DirectorApply Now
EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
EssenceMediacomX sits within the legacy Essence building on Oxford Street. We still have all our wonderful Essentials looking after our amazing clients! Our clients include many exciting brands such as Google, ITV, Airbnb, BT/EE, NBCUniversal and L’Oréal to name a few.
About the team
The Media Activation team is responsible for providing thoughtful and exciting recommendations for Search, Social, Display, and Video, owning supplier relationships, and then executing those recommendations expertly. The Media Activation team leverages their mastery of each channel to make sure its recommendations are consistently excellent and innovative, and that in-channel performance and data integrity is maximised.
About the role
The Account Director is responsible for the coordination and delivery of their account(s) across paid search campaigns and operates as the main campaign point of contact for our clients. They will make use of platform knowledge and account management practices to ensure effective management of projects to brief, schedule and budget. They will also work closely with their account lead (and the team’s head of search), to deliver world class paid search programmes which exceed our client’s expectations.
Some of the things we’d like you to do
- Responsible for effective running of designated account campaigns and weaving these into the overall cross-channel campaign strategy
- Ultimate accountability for adherence to controls and best practices across all relevant platforms & channels in the immediate account team (with particular focus in paid search), and help to manage regional development of search best practice
- Escalating any potential conflicts between best practice and what is best for their programs
- Be the primary contact point of contact between the Media Activation team and regular stakeholders both internal & external for their account(s)
- Develop strong relationships with your client, and key suppliers, leading team communications with these stakeholders. Be able to communicate with clients on subjects outside your remit, and provide them with useful insight, working independently
- Share and maintain in-depth knowledge of all search platforms and bid management platforms, operating as in-agency expert in your field of specialism, whilst showing a good understanding of the overall media landscape
- Oversee development of your clients’ testing plans to organise both tactical, and mid- term campaign actions and goals
- Gain a more strategic understanding of the client’s business and KPIs, and keep up to date with latest Industry news and be proactive in spotting trends, product releases, and other opportunities which could enhance our activity
- Contribute to the wider regional paid search strategy & goals, provide strategic insight to individual campaign wrap-ups
Competencies (Specific knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across all platforms
- Expert organizational skills, great attention to detail
- Concrete knowledge of all areas of digital marketing and media
- Ability to implement and adhere to and meet deadlines and project manage multiple campaigns
- Excellent client relationship and management skills
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to think outside of the box for creative solutions
- Ability to lead and motivate team members in a positive light
- Detail oriented and responsive, deadline-driven with strong quantitative reasoning skills
- Delivers results against priorities proactively with little or no senior input
- Motivational manager leading by example while encouraging and coaching juniors on the team
- Assist in leading team through vision, values, and model leadership behaviours while championing and facilitating change in a positive manner
- Provide timely and actionable feedback to the team to aid in their development, improvement, and progress
- Continually monitor and watch after Essential satisfaction across client teams, identifying and implementing ways to either maintain or increase satisfaction
- Foster a good working relationship across all client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans
- Strong and effective communication across all levels
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally
- Understand when to escalate issues to Senior Client Director and senior management
- Provide awareness and recognition for jobs well done
A bit about yourself
- Proven experience at Senior Account Manager level/ Associate Director in a Digital Media or Advertising role of around 4-6 years
- Proven Project Management, Leadership and Management Experience
- Extensive Experience with planning and running large-scale PPC accounts via AdWords, Bing Ads, and via third party platforms e.g. Marin etc. (certification on Doubleclick Search desirable)
- Experience with planning and running large-scale display accounts and campaigns on GDN
- Excellent knowledge of media planning fundamentals e.g. reach, frequency, channels, formats, etc.
- Experience of managing search vendor relationships
- Regularly contributes to search best practices and campaign processes
- Experience with Google Analytics (plus certification) desirable
- Some experience with paid social, programmatic display & reservation-based buying desirable
- Experience with running campaigns across multiple countries / languages
What you can expect from EssenceMediacom:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, dynamic agency which is doing cutting-edge work for key clients in the digital industry. You will get the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities and to build on your skills and experience all within a fun and rewarding working environment!