Account Director, Client Services
EssenceMediacom fuses Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
EssenceMediacomX sits within the legacy Essence building on Oxford Street. We still have all our wonderful essentials looking after our amazing clients! Our clients include many exciting brands such as Google, ITV, Airbnb, BT/EE, NBCUniversal and L’Oréal to name a few.
About Media Futures Group (MFG)
MFG is a bespoke agency solution for Google. As a global team powered by GroupM, Essence and MediaCom we deliver strategic, creative and data-driven media to drive brand and business outcomes. Media Futures Group (MFG) is a bespoke agency solution for Google. As a global team powered by GroupM, Essence and MediaCom we deliver strategic, creative and data-driven media to drive brand and business outcomes.
About the role
This role sits within the Google Hardware pod working across Performance campaigns for G store (Pixel DR). It’s a really exciting time to become part of this high performing team and the role is integral to account leadership.
● You will be expected to support the creation and running of project plans, media strategy, day-to-day working relationships with internal teams and support high-performing brand and direct response campaigns across a range of Google products.
● You will oversee the day to day Account Management relationship for our biggest client, Google. Key to this role will be developing strong day to day client relationships; establishing Account Management processes and best practice principles that ensure efficient delivery of client objectives; managing account teams to effectively respond to clients’ needs
● You will play a key role in delivering business success for our clients. You will be in constant communication with them, building trusted partner status and making a vital contribution to the overall success of our client-agency relationship.
The Client Services Team
● The Client Services team is responsible for creating the conditions by which our clients love our work. We do this by building trust and exerting influence through deeper, more strategic relationships with our clients, and by leading operational and financial deliverables across all aspects of our client’s business.
● Working in the client services team here at MFG is unique as it gives you the opportunity to work alongside a whole spectrum of digital and offline media departments, you will work hand in hand with our strategy, media planning, analytics and activation teams and will be in constant communication with our clients.
● The team not only oversees the tight running of the account but is also responsible for ensuring that all day to day finances are in good shape. We are consultants and trusted advisors to our clients helping them to drive their business and digital transformation initiatives, as well as media excellence.
● The hires we make within the Client services team tend to come from a media planning/ comms planning/ digital display/ activation background from within a media agency/ client direct. The ideal candidate will have strong media experience, know how an agency works and have a proven ability to manage a client.
● Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of Media Planning, Media Buying, Account Management, Project Management, and the agency environment
● Involved in all communication and business decisions related to Google programmes to ensure the client’s needs are fully met
● Assist the agency account lead in managing client scope
● Partner with senior Google clients to strategize key workstreams and lead the implementation
● Act as the corporate advocate for the client and agency in multi-agency scenarios
● Responsible for creating/instituting/administering process for all teams involved to ensure that communication flow is seamless, and deliverables are met
● Adept in anticipating the client’s needs and proactively recommending/instituting solutions
● Ability to prioritise workloads across multiple teams & deliverables based on client and team needs
● Responsible for overseeing all budgeting aspects – budget roll-ups, billing, tracking, etc.
● Ensure reporting needs are met and are as automated as possible
● Inspire while leading by example in developing, motivating, mentoring, and coaching direct reports
● Gain the personal/professional respect of existing and prospective clients
● Appropriately represent and encourage growth within the department
● Strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with groups agency-wide
● Participate in the recruitment and selection of junior staff
● Must have the ability and desire to help lead, and a willingness to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
● Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
Skills and Behaviors:
● Experience of working performance campaigns, brand and DR is a bonus!
● Demonstrate initiative, responsibility, and follow through for “owned” work
● Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
● Passionate for driving solutions for clients and rally a team around solutions in complex scenarios
● Exceptional organizational skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
● Proficiency with Excel/Google skills
● Ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas