Paid Social Account ManagerApply Now
Paid Social Account Manager
EssenceMediacom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients’ businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
EssenceMediacom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
About GroupM Nexus:
GroupM Nexus UK is a community of more than 1000 specialists comprised of Search, Social, Programmatic & Display, and Ad Tech Ops teams from across the GroupM agencies. GroupM Nexus is designed to help accelerate our clients’ businesses by leveraging the power and capabilities of GroupM and its agencies, through partnerships with the world’s leading digital platforms, advanced accreditations for digital practitioners or continued development and deployment of industry leading benchmarks.
About the Paid Social team @ EssenceMediacom North
The Paid Social team works to plan & execute market-leading social advertising campaigns for our clients across a variety of social media platforms. We are a team of approximately 14 people working on a mixture of clients that include as Butlins, Pentland or 3M. The team are based at the WPP Manchester Campus office at 1 New Quay Street, Manchester, M3 4BN.
Intro to the role:
We are looking for a paid social specialist to continue their career as Account Manager. This person will play an integral role in the day-to-day running of a busy client account (or accounts). They will be required to work with the line manager to help oversee more junior team members with the overall aim of delivering flawless paid social campaigns for clients. The ideal candidate is someone with good working knowledge of paid advertising across one or more of the key social channels (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Snap, etc). This person will also be required to develop relationships with clients, suppliers, and other stakeholders becoming a trusted voice for all things paid social.
Account Managers are expected to work closely with their Account Director to manage the day-to-day running of one (or more) client accounts. Account Managers have several key areas of focus, these include:
- Developing comprehensive paid social media plans (+ supporting material) that align with client’s objectives and KPIs. Able to clearly articulate the rationale for proposed campaign tactics (channels, budget, audience, formats etc.) and present these back, both to internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for end-to-end set up of paid social campaigns across all the relevant social platforms (and working with junior team members to assist them with this task as necessary). Comfortable using advanced features such as bid rules and 3rd party optimisation/ creative/ measurement tools to achieve results for clients.
- Responsible for ensuring regular quality assurance (QA) checks are undertaken by everyone working on the account to ensure campaigns are set up accurately and to defined best practice standards.
- Responsible for monitoring campaign performance and pacing to ensure all activity delivers as expected. Troubleshooting and optimising campaigns in order to improve performance as necessary.
- Working with Executives and Snr. Executives to produce detailed and accurate weekly/monthly campaign performance reports, often in Microsoft Excel. Leading client calls to present results as necessary.
- Writing performance commentary that delivers valuable insight and recommendations to clients. Should be able to identify trends and recommend actions on-platform to capitalise/mitigate these trends as necessary. Working with junior team members to ensure standards for commentary remain consistent.
- Producing more detailed analysis including end-of-campaign reporting, quarterly/annual reviews, and for standalone projects.
Client & Partner Management
- Acting as a key social point-of-contact for your client(s) ensuring their continuing confidence in the quality of the team and agency’s social output.
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of the media and technology developments that influence your client’s business. Able to identify opportunities to test and innovate in the paid social space, presenting these opportunities to stakeholders and securing client backing.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the key media partners including Meta, Twitter, Snap, TikTok, Pinterest and others.
- Working with your line-manager to ensure the effective management of more junior team members ensuring workloads are sufficiently monitored & prioritised to ensure deadlines are met.
- Able to communicate clearly and in a timely manner with internal and external stakeholders as required across email, chat, video and in-person. Leading presentations where necessary.
- Attend regular internal meetings and training sessions in order to actively contribute to a collaborative and friendly paid social community. Leading by example to motivate and encourage those with less experience.
- Identify opportunities to test and innovate in the paid social space. Presenting these opportunities to stakeholders and securing client backing.
- Working with line-manager to develop and implement testing/learning agendas for clients that drive clear and actionable insight on each social platform.
- Working closely with planning team + other channel specialists to ensure paid social activity compliments and enhances the wider marketing mix.
- Responsible for accurate and timely fulfilment of mandatory agency finance processes. Working with junior team members to ensure processes are followed, allowing for prompt payment/invoicing and to minimise finance queries.
We are looking for a candidate who can display the following attributes:
- The successful candidate should have experience working in a digital marketing or agency-based role and will need to demonstrate a track record of working with clients or external stakeholders.
- Extensive experience setting up and optimising paid social campaigns across a number of the key social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap, Pinterest, TikTok etc). Training certifications in any of the key platforms would be a plus (e.g. Meta Blueprint).
- Experience planning large-scale paid social campaigns, preferably across a mix of brand and direct-response objectives.
- Experience compiling detailed and insightful end of campaign reports & presentations. Knowledge of how to structure regular client review presentations (QBRs, annual reviews etc).
- Forming strong relationships is key to the role, the ideal candidate should feel comfortable presenting to clients and leading calls as required.
- Teamwork is also key to this role and we are looking for someone who is collaborative, friendly, and with a can-do attitude.
- Some experience line managing individuals and/or helping to train others across paid social would be preferable.
In return the successful candidate can expect to work as a member of a fun and engaging team that is part of a company that truly champions learning, development and will invest in your career over the long term.