EssenceMediacom | VP, Data and TechnologyApply Now
EssenceMediacom | VP, Data and Technology
About the Role
As a data-forward media agency, our Data and Technology discipline sits at the heart of everything we do. Our purpose is to harness the power of data to unlock greater results for brands and enable more valuable marketing experiences for consumers.
Dual reporting into the Global CDTO and APAC COO, you will be asked to ensure EssenceMediacom continues to be a clear leader in this space by providing thought leadership that provokes new ideas and innovation, by leading the ongoing improvement of our capabilities to unlock new growth opportunities, and by partnering with our clients to ensure they are effectively using our capabilities to realize competitive advantage and growth for their business.
Your role will span APAC markets, which means prioritizing your time between regional and local clients & new business opportunities.
As a key player within the EssenceMediacom Regional Leadership team, you’ll also be expected to be a positive role model to Essentials within and outside of your discipline, and to help drive the agency’s overall proposition forward.
Some of the things we’d like you to do
- Provide direct leadership to a regional hub of 20+ talented Essentials spanning data strategy, mar tech, business intelligence, data engineering and data governance. Ensuring they are provided with a clear vision and purpose, and an environment in which they can deliver their best work.
- As an extension of the regional hub team, work with local leadership in key markets to determine the right set of data & tech capabilities and resources to embed within each market to complement the regional hub, in line with local business growth. Local Data & Tech leads will dual report to you and their local market CEO.
- Develop strategic relationships with key clients, taking the time to develop a deep understanding of their objectives, and advising them on how data and technology can help them make better decisions for their business
- Provide hands-on leadership, mentorship and coaching in the expert delivery of data strategies, adtech solutions, audiences solutions and data management solutions to our clients
- Lead the ongoing development of “best-in-class” data and technology capabilities, including the development of new services and revenue opportunities for the agency
- Be the region’s primary partner to both EssenceMediacom’s and GroupM’s central data & technology teams - influencing their innovation agendas, inputting into product roadmaps, introducing proprietary products to clients & prospects, and overseeing their subsequent deployment & adoption
- Help build EssenceMediacom’s brand and reputation by developing and delivering clear, compelling & differentiated thought leadership
- Be a key contributor to new business opportunities, expertly representing our data and tech capabilities in smart, strategic and engaging ways
- Foster strong and collaborative relationships with other practices within EssenceMediacom, helping Strategy, Analytics, Media and Creative have access to the right data signals to inform their decisions and recommendations
- Partner with Client Leadership, Talent and your team to translate proposed services into clear scope of work and staff plans
- Partner with Talent teams to attract, motivate and develop an exceptional and diverse talent base
- Nurture an open and respectful culture, where listening, sharing and collaboration are the expected norm
- Partner and influence peers across GroupM and WPP to help the group develop industry-leading points-of-view, and overcome common industry challenges
A bit about yourself
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience, including a large stint agency-side
- Proven thought-leadership, and a deep understanding of the data and technology issues facing the marketing industry
- Experience building, managing and inspiring large and diverse teams of data and technology specialists
- A proven track record in working with a diverse array of clients to solve complex problems, and delivering demonstrable business success. Including (but not limited to) the development of compelling and sophisticated data strategies and adtech / martech strategies to enable marketing objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to work well with and positively influence teams, clients, colleagues and sponsors
- An ability to communicate complex concepts at varying levels of knowledge and technical understanding
- Exceptional strategic and operational skills, with an ability to be pragmatic and adapt quickly in demanding and dynamic environments
- Experience working with a diverse combination of Ad Platforms, DMPs, CDPs, Clean Rooms, Measurement Platforms, Business Intelligence Tools, and Data Platforms
More about EssenceMediacom
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers help our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means, that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients, renowned brands and media owners. Making GroupM Singapore the Number One organisation to join and develop your career in media investment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
EssenceMediacom is looking for a VP, Data & Technology APAC, based in Singapore.
EssenceMediacom is GroupM’s newest and largest agency delivering marketing breakthroughs for their clients. Disrupting the old models across media, creative, innovation and analytics, the agency has been built to find new opportunities for brands and deliver truly integrated media solutions.
Composed of 10,000 people across 120 offices globally EssenceMediacom combines Essence’s performance, data, analytics and creative technology DNA with MediaCom’s scaled multichannel audience planning and strategic media expertise.
The agency includes an enviable global client roster, which includes adidas, Bayer, Dell, Google, Mars, NBCUniversal, PlayStation, Procter & Gamble, The Coca-Cola Company and Uber, and will be responsible for more than $21bn in global media billings.
Visit essencemediacom.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @emglobal.