DNEG is looking for an experienced Research Lead to take charge of the Machine Learning Development team. The Research Lead will be providing guidance and mentoring to the team and will be responsible for the efficiency and well-being of the team. The person will also work in collaboration with various Production Technology divisions, for designing processes and workflows and help defining our technology vision. Along with the Research team, Research Lead will be responsible for further improvement of our world class software tools and technologies.
The ideal candidate must have a great understanding of computer graphics and strong programming skills to actively participate in the development and integration of creative tools into an overall production pipeline and to lead the ML development team.
- Guiding, grooming, and mentoring the machine learning development team.
- Working in close alliance with various Development, Pipeline and Core Engineering teams for advancement of tools and technologies.
- Collaborate with Pipeline teams to support the studio by researching, designing, implementing, and enhancing the graphic software systems.
- Be in sync with various stakeholders to identify improvement areas and work towards attaining a flawless workflow.
- Provide technical support and training to the pipeline team.
- Associate with Talent Acquisition team to acquire talented developers and train them to form a strong team.
- Associate with the HR and Training teams for career planning, reviews, and appraisals for the ML development team.
- Coordinate with the Department Heads from other teams and locations to ensure smooth work process.
- In collaboration with HR and Head of Technical Production, actively participate in recruitment efforts, training, career development, appraisals, and reviews of the R&D team.
- Keep up to speed with latest technologies in our industry
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar, or equivalent experience.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and Python, including modern C++ standards (2011, 2014 etc).
- At least 8 years of experience working in ML and AI
Nice to have:
- Experience of software development in a Linux environment (shells, version management etc).
- Previous experience in a Lead or Supervisor position
- Understanding of visual effects and/or animation pipelines and workflows
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai).