Executive - Accounts Payable - North America
The Accounts Payable is an important part of the studio’s finance team. This position will be responsible keeping purchase order entered in a timely matter, maintaining forecast for payments, ensure accurate coding, reconcile bank and credit cards and participate in some financial reporting. This position can address tight deadlines. The Accounts Payable Clerk will have contact with Studio’s Accounting Managers and DNEG’s North America Financial Controller.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage the accounts payable inbox and organize all invoices, purchase orders, statements and other relevant documentation.
- Coordinate with all departments to ensure all invoices, purchase orders are properly approved.
- Code invoices to GL accounts and input vendor invoices into ERP system.
- Reconcile vendor invoices in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare vendors payment batches, and coordinate ACH & wires.
- Send request to create new and maintain existing vendor records.
- Process weekly expense reports using Expense Management Tool
- Enter payment received from clients in ERP
- Prepare short term cash forecast
- Enter cash transfer, wires, ACH payment batch and pull payments for approvals in online banking portal
- Prepare monthly treasury/cash actuals report
- Bank reconciliations
- Review and record employee Expense Reports bi-weekly
- Record Subcontractors invoices, after reviewing against contracts and obtaining department manager’s approval
- Month-end prepaid entry
- Month-end AP Accrual entry
- Prepare inter company recharge invoice
- Ensure proper coding of Cost Centre and Project Code
- Ensure Sale Tax on vendor invoices are recorded properly based on local legislation
- Perform credit card reconciliations, by working with stakeholders across the company to ensure the accurate, timeliness and proper documentation of all charges incurred.
- Support other Finance team members with the month-end close and other ad-hoc projects.
- Diploma or degree in Accounting or administration
Technical skills and prior experience
- 1-2 years if accounting experience in a similar role
- General knowledge of accounting principle processes and procedures
- Ability to multi-task, thrive in a fast-paced setting, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience with SAP is recommended
- Must have strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, and okay in French
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Professional demeanor and presentation
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).