Facial Rigger TD
Facial Riggers are an integral to the development of animation rigs for digital doubles, creatures, props and the subsequent support that is required. You will find technical and creative solutions to develop high-quality rigs according to the needs of the production. This is a team effort, so you’ll work closely with our Creature Supervisors and Animation Leads/Supervisors to develop the most suitable rigging solutions according to the needs of the production.
- Professional experience (10+ years) using Autodesk Maya
- Qualifications in Visual Effects, Computer Animation, or a related field
- Solid experience (7+ years) in VFX production environments
- Strong skills in facial rigging and geometry deformations
- Strong knowledge of FACS (or equivalent system) and facial anatomy
- Strong skills in Python with the ability to adhere to established coding.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Deep understanding in anatomy and muscle dynamics
- Good eye for aesthetics of body/face deformations
Nice to have:
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience animating or solving facial performances.
- Time management and organizational skills
- Nice to have ZIVA RT knowledge.
- Have experience with modeling to create FACS.
- Organized, pro-active and a self-starter
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- Positive, with a can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).