Associate Software Developer (Data Frameworks)
Core Services is looking for an Associate Software Developer to join its Data Frameworks domain.
The Core Services group provides foundational technologies to other technology groups within DNEG. We are a team of software developers who architect, build and provide geographically spread, enterprise-level, mission-critical infrastructure. We create services, frameworks, and products that other teams rely upon to build and deliver their technology solutions. We are the core of all things technology at DNEG.
The Data Frameworks domain @ Core Services provides foundational software to other teams that are intended to be utilized to provide end-user functionality. We provide abstraction layers to the core database’s data models that are utilized across various products, and automation libraries and frameworks to assist software developers in creating consistent automation.
As an Associate Software Developer in the Data Frameworks domain, you will assist our senior developers in developing new features and troubleshooting issues raised by other technology teams.
- Troubleshoot tickets related to software owned by Data Frameworks.
- Provide timely updates on tickets.
- Develop incremental product enhancements under the guidance of senior developers.
- Write documentation for developed software, create / update troubleshooting playbooks.
This is an entry-level job with a huge amount of potential to learn from the best, discover technologies that you find exciting, and grow your career along your chosen path.
- Programming experience in Python.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 1+ years of equivalent experience in software development.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Python 3.
- Knowledge of database technologies.
- Knowledge of SQL programming language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Eagerness to tackle problems head-on.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai).