DNEG’s Virtual Production Department provides cutting-edge services to clients, utilising new and emerging technologies such as real-time engines and LED volumes, allowing filmmakers to virtually scout and design sets and to shoot real-time, in-camera visual effects.
Virtual production is quickly being adopted by the industry due to its vast benefits, more iterative workflow and ability to visualise things in a naturalistic way.
We are looking for an Unreal TD who’s a technical generalist experienced in Unreal Engine. You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting film and episodic projects. Getting involved in all areas of virtual production including ICVFX, simulcam, mocap, and visualisation including previs, techvis and postvis.
You’ll be hands-on with Unreal including nDisplay, Live Link, Multi-User, DMX, Take Recorder, Blueprints, and Sequencer. You’ll help us to ensure our projects are performant and reliable by identifying, documenting and solving potential problems. You’ll need to be confident operating live sessions and adjusting scenes to meet direction on layout, lighting, grading, sequencer etc. You’ll get to work on blueprint editor utilities to improve our pipeline and speed up repetitive tasks.
This is a hybrid role working from home, our London office or on set globally as required.
- Strong and broad technical knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Ability to work in live environments such as film sets
- Relevant industry experience
Nice to Have
- Virtual production and/or VFX experience (or similar live environments: XR, events, film production, performance, broadcast etc)
- Familiarity with source control such as Perforce
- Relevant education or training (computer science, games technology, computer animation, film production etc)
- Real-time development and art
- Familiarity with 3D packages such as Maya, Max, or Blender
- VR and AR experience
- ShotGrid (or similar tracking software)
- Passionate about film and technology
- Organised and methodical in your approach to the work
- Calm under pressure and capable of delivering to short deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Eye for detail
- Good communicator
- Technical understanding
- Problem solver
- Team player
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).