Creature Technical Supervisor
The Creature Technical Supervisor provides technical leadership and hands-on solutions for both the local and global Creature departments. They will primarily contribute to long-term department development, although at times they may be required to assist in troubleshooting on shows or to implement new technology solutions in the context of active production work. Their scope of development will cover rigging, CFX, crowd tooling and methodology, and interface with multiple stakeholders both outside and within the department.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of modular build scripts for animation, CFX, and crowd rigs.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of artist-facing tooling.
- Help define and enforce standardization in workflow, output, and development best practices within the Creature department.
- Collaborate with software development teams on the specification, testing, and roll-out of new technology.
- Represent the needs of the Creature department in cross-department pipeline and R&D planning conversations.
- Oversee artists' work when they are assigned to department development tasks.
- High level of proficiency in all technical areas of creature pipeline technology including; modular rigging, facial rigging, deterministic and simulation deformation techniques, geometry caching.
- Excellent python scripting skills, adherence to coding standards, familiarity with git and active engagement in code reviews.
- Experience with VFX pipeline architecture and problem-solving.
- A strong drive for optimization and efficiency while empowering artists.
- Good self-management and time management skills.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Strong team-working skills, supportive and collaborative when under pressure.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with Maya.
Nice to Have
- Experience in Houdini
- Experience in Unreal
- Experience in Crowd work
- Experience in Feature Animation, TV or Games will also be taken into account
- Organized, pro-active self-starter
- A team player and clear communicator
- Good attitude towards the work by being approachable and personable.
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meeting deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).