At DNEG Compositing Supervisors work closely with their shows VFX and DFX Supervisors to oversee and deliver all compositing aspects of the show.
As a Compositing Supervisor you will work closely with your compositing team to use consistent methodologies to deliver the highest quality of work on time, on budget, and in a sustainable way. You will be expected to solve technical problems, design the approach to shots and set the creative standards for your team of compositors. You will also be responsible for working closely with all other Department Supervisors to deliver the creative vision of the VFX Supervisor.
As a Compositing Supervisor you will provide leadership and technical support for your show team, managing artists primarily in London but also in DNEG’s multiple global studios where necessary.
- VFX industry experience as a 2D Supervisor
- Experience working directly with VFX or DFX Supervisors
- Experience managing and supervising a team of 2D artists
- Critical eye for detail and be able to communicate visual aspects to the team with a clear creative brief
- Experience in production bidding
- Experience in project management, balancing quality with time constraints
- Experience developing production methodologies, creative approaches and problem-solving
- Good general knowledge of vfx pipeline and 3D Software
- Advanced experience in Nuke
- Advanced understanding of Colour pipeline and client deliverables
Nice to Have
- Onset supervision experience a bonus but not essential
- Experience working collaboratively with other company global facilities
- Contribute to training and mentorship of junior artist
- Experience in both Film and TV
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios for the creation of feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).