The Technology department at DNEG is in charge of the smooth running of the entire IT infrastructure across our global network. Tech Support provides technical and application support to all employees in our studio. Support includes diagnosis and resolution of issues arising from production applications including Maya, Nuke and Houdini.
Support is provided to all employees via telephone, email or in person once a ticket is submitted and it’s Tech Support’s responsibility to track all tickets and issues through JIRA. The Tech Support team is also relied upon to diagnose and resolve problems that arise and to reach out to third party vendors if needed.
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual seeking an IT support role within a creative and unique environment.
- Configuring equipment and software.
- Diagnosis and resolution of technical problems and issues with production applications including (for example) Maya, Nuke and Houdini.
- Provide support via phone, email, ticketing system, in person, remotely over VPN.
- Reach out to third party vendors or escalate to 3rd line support if needed.
- Basic IT Troubleshooting.
- Help train junior members of the team.
- Help the Tech team with deployment of IT equipment.
- GWS, Chrome Browser Support.
- Password Resets.
- Previous experience working in a customer facing environment.
- Experience working with Linux.
- Familiarity with basic computer parts, software and troubleshooting. (Some examples: building your own PC, installing the OS and software, helping family and friends solve problems.)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical people.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Professional working attitude.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with creative applications such as Maya, Houdini or Nuke.
- Experience supporting G-Mail, Google Workspace and G-Suite.
- Experience of the VFX industry and processes.
Needs to Be:
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Keen to learn.
- Good time management and priority handling skills.
- Resourceful and take initiative to find answers to new questions.
- Enjoy helping people.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).