Senior Software Engineer, Creature Technology Research
The Creature Technology Research Group at DNEG is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team.
The Creature Technology Research Group at DNEG researches the next generation of tools and workflows to produce groundbreaking future performances of digital actors and creatures.
As a Software Engineer within the Group, you will play a key role in conceiving and developing tools to usher in a new era of artist experience, working in areas such as application development, neural graphics, AI, and machine learning.
What You’ll Do
- Research and incorporate state-of-the-art approaches to recognized challenges
- Proactively identify and address areas for improved efficiency and product quality
- Collaborate with team members in shared libraries, techniques and code responsibilities
- Actively contribute to the adoption of frameworks, standards, and new technologies
- Work in a collaborative, distributed team of software engineers and talented artists
- Develop specialised computer graphics software tools, techniques, and pipeline systems for creature/character production applications
- Translate user insights into meaningful recommendations for the overall design strategy and interaction
What We’re Looking For
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in software development for VFX or games
- Proficiency with Python
- Foundational knowledge of C++
- Excellent understanding of CG pipelines for character and creature performance
- Experience developing solutions for artists in the disciplines of rigging, animation, character FX, groom and crowds
- Knowledgeable in Git or other version control systems
- Strong individual contributor with the capacity for leadership and mentoring others
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Passion for working with research and experimental projects
- Experience with Universal Scene Description (USD)
- Experience with Omniverse Kit apps and extensions
- Education in related fields (computer vision, machine learning, computer science)
- Experience using C++ and Python APIs for applications such as Houdini or Maya
- Experience working on AI solutions for Computer Graphics
- Experience developing Unreal Engine plugins and scripts
- Linux experience
This position is with DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).