DNEG Sydney offer a Flexible WFH Policy
The Editorial team at DNEG is essential for the production of our shows. Working hand in hand with our production team, the VFX Editor is responsible for handling all editorial tasks required by a show.
Production will rely on the VFX Editor to have a thorough knowledge of all cuts, keeping them updated with the latest scans while also maintaining shot and VFX databases.You’ll liaise directly with client editorial and be the editorial point of contact on behalf of the internal production and artists. You will also assist in running client sessions within DNEG.
There is also a creative element to the role and you’ll be asked to assist the PR and HR teams with promotional material and in-house initiatives. Throughout the year, the company also requests new showreels highlighting our work on shows.
Training our Editorial Assistants and Assistant VFX Editors is a core part of the role of VFX Editor. It’s important you have the ability to train, encourage and support those working beneath you and delegate work fairly to promote a rewarding training environment.
- At least 2-3 years experience working in a VFX Editorial Department.
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency in Adobe Premiere.
- Expert understanding of all editorial tools.
- A firm understanding of the VFX process and terminology, LUTS and colour space.
- Good understanding of Film and HD video formats, files, frame rates and resolutions.
- Experience using Adobe Media Encoder, Shotgun and 2k playback software, such as
- Baselight, Framecycler or RV.
Nice to Have
- Linux (basic)
- Understand film key code
- After Effects
- Problem solver
- Ability to multitask
- Quick on your feet
- Excellent communicator
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).