QA Test Engineer
As a QA Test Engineer at DNeg, you will be part of a critical team that ensures that the DNeg software tools are vetted through the QA testing processes in order for us to continue producing award-winning Film, Television, and Feature Animation content. In this regard, the QA Team supports multiple departments in their efforts to maintain and develop mission-critical software.
As well as being technically proficient, you will also need to be a good communicator - you will be producing technical documentation, communicating development time-frames and presenting your ideas to team members, other developers, QA Lead, and Pipeline Supervisors.
We're looking for someone who is really proactive in not just identifying the issues, but also puts in an effort to point out where the issue is coming from. Also, they should be willing to learn new testing methodologies and implement the same in DNEG eco system. Part of the role expectations will be:
- You are proactive and takes responsibility for the tasks assigned.
- Analyse functional requirements, create test cases, and publish results.
- Perform manual and automated testing across various tools used in DNEG eco system.
- Identify issues, report the defects using Jira tool and follow through resolution.
- Communicate environmental issues and show stoppers to clients on need basis.
- Good understanding and experience inregression, smoke, sanity, and integration testing.
- Able to understand the architect of the tools and applications.
- Experience working end to end with web/desktop based applications.
- Experience with Linux
- Working knowledge of Python
Nice to Have
- Previous QA or Test Engineering Experience.
- Working end to end with web/desktop based applications.
- Good to have experience with tools such as Maya, Nuke and other VFX related tools.
- C++ programming experience.
Desired Candidate Profile:
B.E – Any degree – CS and IT (Preferable)
Looking to hire Fresher on software testing at Chennai location.
Good in verbal and written communication, decision making abilities with good testing background is best for this profile.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios for the creation of feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).