DNEG Sydney offer a Flexible WFH Policy
The DFX Supervisor will oversee a team of department supervisors working with artists as they produce CG assets, set up a working shot pipeline, and successfully deliver CG elements and imagery for the shots on the project. The DFX Supervisor will be expected to creatively lead their team throughout the show, working with the department supervisors to ensure creative direction is being followed and milestones are being reached. They will help to ensure that good and clear communication occurs at all times between the VFX Supervisor, artists, production team, and department supervisors. They will contribute to the bidding and planning of milestones and approaches for the project, and proactively provide feedback on crew and the pipeline.
Creative and Technical Responsibilities:
- Delivering creative realisation to the VFX Supervisor and ensuring creative continuity across a Show and across departments.
- Interpreting the creative vision of the VFX Supervisor and providing a clear, consistent, creative brief to Department Supervisors and Artists.
- Presenting and selling work to the VFX Supervisor.
- Providing clear and constructive creative feedback to Artists.
- Delivering a Show on time, on budget and to the required standards.
- Developing and maintaining Dneg quality standards.
- Supporting the use of consistent, global department workflows and processes.
- Compiling and presenting Show post mortems.
- Developing cross department workflows and processes with Department Supervisors and Heads.
- Strategies to improve operational efficiency on an ongoing basis.
- Design of more effective workflows.
- Creative and technical leadership and support of Artists.
- Design and development of standardised workflows and processes.
- Delivering the highest quality work out of dailies to the Client / VFX Supervisor.
- Ensuring feedback is concise and constructive in directing Artists to reach milestones & show targets.
- Day-to-day oversight of department dailies.
- Approving work that is ready to progress to the next department.
Production Planning Responsibilities:
- Ensuring work is delivered according to the Show schedule.
- Maximising productivity through effective organisation across departments.
- Communicating with all departments to manage dependencies.
- Progress tracking and reporting across all departments.
Talent Development Responsibilities:
- Provides accurate and detailed feedback as required.
- Collaborates on the design of more effective training.
Team Management Responsibilities:
- Explaining the work and requirements of their Show to HoDs to ensure they can provide the best possible team for the work.
- Day-to-day oversight of the Show supervision team.
- Resolving conflicts of workflow approach between department
- At least 8 years VFX post-production experience.
- Previous experience as a CG or Comp Supervisor, Senior Department
- Supervisor or Sequence Supervisor on a minimum of three high-end feature films
- Excellent creative eye and aesthetic judgment
- Ability to sell creative solutions and ideas to clients and VFX Supervisors
- Ability to reduce complex problems to their most simple solutions
- Thorough understanding of the complete VFX pipeline
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Expert in Maya, Nuke, Houdini and/or Clarisse, and proficient in other industry standard software
- Proven team leader with strong motivational and initiative qualities
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
- Recognised attention to detail and organisational skills
- Technically and creatively astute
- Highly organised
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).